• Old Young Fox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
see this video near by minute 2:12

catilage improvement by 64% in 6 month in OA
:grin:

ge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

holdi

JointStem Biostar Korea - catilage regeneration 02 Jan 2016 04:58 #5877

• Old Young Fox
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Keywords:

Osteoarthritis;Adipose-tissue derived mesenchymal stem cells;Intra-articular injection;Cartilage regeneration

Abstract

Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) are known to have a potential for articular cartilage regeneration. However, most studies focused on focal cartilage defect through surgical implantation. For the treatment of generalized cartilage loss in osteoarthritis, an alternative delivery strategy would be more appropriate. The purpose of this study was to assess the safety and efficacy of intra-articular injection of autologous adipose tissue derived MSCs (AD-MSCs) for knee osteoarthritis. We enrolled 18 patients with osteoarthritis of the knee and injected AD MSCs into the knee. The phase I study consists of three dose-escalation cohorts; the low-dose (1.0 × 107 cells), mid-dose (5.0 × 107), and high-dose (1.0 × 108) group with three patients each. The phase II included nine patients receiving the high-dose. The primary outcomes were the safety and the Western Ontario and McMaster Universities Osteoarthritis index (WOMAC) at 6 months. Secondary outcomes included clinical, radiological, arthroscopic, and histological evaluations. There was no treatment-related adverse event. The WOMAC score improved at 6 months after injection in the high-dose group. The size of cartilage defect decreased while the volume of cartilage increased in the medial femoral and tibial condyles of the high-dose group. Arthroscopy showed that the size of cartilage defect decreased in the medial femoral and medial tibial condyles of the high-dose group. Histology demonstrated thick, hyaline-like cartilage regeneration. These results showed that intra-articular injection of 1.0 × 108 AD MSCs into the osteoarthritic knee improved function and pain of the knee joint without causing adverse events, and reduced cartilage defects by regeneration of hyaline-like articular cartilage. Stem Cells 2014;32:1254–1266

holdi

JointStem Biostar Korea - catilage regeneration 02 Jan 2016 05:14 #5878

• Old Young Fox
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

holdi

JointStem Biostar Korea - catilage regeneration 02 Jan 2016 09:40 #5880

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
If I remember correctly, our high dose was 30 million cells in the ACT-OA trial. In this trial, the most effective dose was 100 million cells.

JointStem Biostar Korea - cartilage regeneration 02 Jan 2016 11:02 #5883

• Old Young Fox
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
the difference is that the biostar cells are cultured vs. fresh from celution. I read here that there are differents in efficancy... :yep:

holdi

JointStem Biostar Korea - catilage regeneration 02 Jan 2016 11:31 #5884

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
I could be confusing the cell count with ATHENA. Anyone remember?

JointStem Biostar Korea - catilage regeneration 02 Jan 2016 11:45 #5885

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
Yes

Both ATHENA and ACT-OA had 20 and 40 Mio cells as high and low dose. I still think the "gemisch" is the most powerful brew, which should work better than any auto cultured brew for most apps.

Since, that is how nature works, so why change?

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

JointStem Biostar Korea - cartilage regeneration 02 Jan 2016 14:45 #5888

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
I had seen the study a couple months ago and was very encouraged by it. As Fas pointed out they only used cultutred autologos MSCs from fat and not the heterogeneous mixture of cells that Cytori uses. There was definitely a dose-related response with the smaller doses not working as well. But the fact that they grew healthy cartilage is very significant. And they actually went in 6 months after the treatment to see the cartilage with a scope to get a sense of the quality. If we are fortunate to see similar results it will be a big deal.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites