Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Adult Stem Cell News and Developments other than Cytori
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bahamas- premier SC center of the globe?

Bahamas- premier SC center of the globe? 28 Feb 2014 12:34 #1364

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
Having read a lot in the past few years in the local online newspapers of the Bahama´s - in the political discussion, the name- Peter Nygard- has cropped up many times. Could not "place" the guy- now I can after reading this article-

Anti-aging clinic

If you think about it- Matt´s clinic which will cost around 7-8 Mio I guess- with a capacity of 1000 patients annually

Nygard intends to spend 50 Mio$ ... :cool:

The founder and chairman of Nygard International is assessing possible locations in the Bahamas where he can build his stem cell clinic, estimated to cost around $50m (£29m).

Big business apparently :winky:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Bahamas- premier SC center of the globe? 02 Mar 2014 07:24 #1365

• fas
This is MUCH bigger than I first thought- Peter Nygard is a Canadian fashion Billionaire who flies around the world in his own Boeing 727, with his groupies ahum models.. :whistle:

watch this video first- only 10 minutes:

and have a look at the place -Nygard Cay- he is living at on the Bahamas.

The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Bahamas- premier SC center of the globe? 02 Mar 2014 07:27 #1366

• fas
But also have a look at the "other side" of Peter Nygard- a real bastard- a son of a bitch.

The following user(s) said Thank You: joeycav11, d9dozrman

Bahamas- premier SC center of the globe? 02 Mar 2014 10:21 #1367

• joeycav11
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
I believe he is promoting SCNT technology which is basically autologous embroyonic stem cell therapies.Very cutting edge.I am suprised the Bahamas is backing this as itwill be contraversial

Bahamas- premier SC center of the globe? 02 Mar 2014 11:20 #1368

• fas
Yes- Joey- that is correct and is what the first video is all about-

this is what I wrote in the patients for stem cells group at LinkedIn

I have followed the development of Bahama´s SC legislation really only from the perspective of ADRC therapy for cardiac as Okyanos is pursuing and probably will treat the first patient in June this year over there, which for me will be a milestone and for a few other folks surely too.
The name Nygard cropped up there many times, but I never really understood who or what this guy was all about and what he had to do with the legislation.
I guess I know now (a bit)- you either think he is god:

or you think he is the largest jerk on earth with no respect for anybody who works for him:

That is anybodies choice and own judgement- yes- it seems he believes what he is doing- but he also is convinced that will make him even more money.
His technology- SCNT with genome sequencing is totally against what I believe in personally, but than again its a free world and his "influence" at least has helped adult cell
technology come closer to US borders. That is positive- for the rest, his character is highly "suspicious".

Bahamas- premier SC center of the globe? 03 Mar 2014 05:07 #1369

• fas
Actuall this Nygard video scares the hell out of me also- and I did not know of any approvals of SCNT procedures.

At least - at STEMSO (where Nygard and his entourage apparently also appeared)- a Methodist authority- J. EmmetteWeir- spoke these words:

Well, it is extremely important to emphasize that the legislation now under consideration strictly prohibits the two forms of stem cell research and therapy which raise major concerns from the perspective of christian ethics – embryonic stem cell research and cloning. The only type of stem cell research and therapy which will be legal in the bahamas is ‘autologous or adult stem cell’ research and therapy. Properly and strictly administered, the proposed legislation can provide the legal framework for a healthy bahamian stem cell research and therapy industry. it is appropriate to outline the benefits which may be derided from such a medical advance.

Paper at CellR4.org

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites