TOPIC: Ompensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company

Ompensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company 07 Jun 2016 15:45 #7178

• Wall Street Titan
  • Wall Street Titan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
This is shocking but should be routine.... Neuralstem

"Effective June 1, 2016, the compensation committee ("Committee") of Neuralstem, Inc. (the "Company") approved amendments to the employment agreements of Richard Daly, the Company's President and Chief Executive Officer and Dr. Karl Johe, the Company's Chief Scientific Officer. Pursuant to the amendments, Mr. Daly's salary was reduced by $30,000 to $410,000 per annum and Dr. Johe's salary was reduced by $260,000 to $490,000 per annum. No other provisions of Mr. Daly's or Dr. Johe's employment agreements were changed."
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ompensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company 07 Jun 2016 15:51 #7179

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Titan,
Another one of my losers. Can't catch a break with these stem cell companies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman

Ompensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company 07 Jun 2016 20:29 #7180

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
I know essentially nothing about Neuralstem but I think you miss a big point when relating to Cytori and its BOD.

They just don't care !!!

Ompensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company 07 Jun 2016 21:34 #7181

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fatboy, I hope you also rolled the dice on Athersys. The management team is smart with lots of skin in the game. I think the have the best shot to be big winners starting with stroke approval in Japan.

Ompensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company 08 Jun 2016 05:26 #7182

• CalhounDoppelganger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20

myownhedgefund wrote: I know essentially nothing about Neuralstem but I think you miss a big point when relating to Cytori and its BOD.

They just don't care !!!

Cytori BOD don't care. I'm personally not losing sleep over a board members salary being reduced to a paltry sum of $400k either. Sad days for them.

I wonder what kind of short term salary Hedrick feels he requires to maintain his lifestyle? I wonder what he thinks he truly deserves as compensation considering the grave state of Cytori? I'd love an honest answer. These men are selfish, greedy and short-sighted

Ompensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company 08 Jun 2016 09:41 #7186

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Titan,
I did I picked it up after it tanked when the stroke indication waffled. I am sitting pretty on that one! Just not enough to offset my mega losses on this dog.

Ompensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company 08 Jun 2016 10:27 #7187

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

These men are selfish, greedy and short-sighted

"These men" continue to receive lucrative pay and bonuses while they maintain their control of whatever technology the company has. So I would call them shrewd. The investors could be viewed as greedy and short sighted.

The sharks make money and the lowly fish are eaten up. Although there are many fish in the ocean I am afraid Cytori in on the verge of overfishing. The subscription to the rights offering is indicative of this.

Ompensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company 08 Jun 2016 11:50 #7188

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
fatboy, with patience and luck , Athersys has the potential to make up for all your other stem cell losses combined and if thing really go right we will be left with at least 1 times our wildest dreams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatboy

Ompensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company 09 Jun 2016 06:51 #7192

• Joncon63
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
My wildest dream for CYTX has been reduced to getting back to even

Ompensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company 09 Jun 2016 09:15 #7194

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
John, correction at this point ,break even would be 10x's my wildest dream, just like Llyod Dean predicted. My prediction is management continues to drive the company in to the ground and Chris Calhoun winds up with the tech. Should that happen then many should wind up behind bars . What's happened here is criminal in so many ways that word can be defined. :puke: :bash: :bang:

Ompensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company 09 Jun 2016 10:11 #7195

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Athersys has the potential to make up for all your other stem cell losses

Titan,

Athersys management showed me something when they had the apparent failure on ischemic stroke and were able to rebound without panic. Being profitable albeit anemically is amazing in this space. Sometimes I wish Gil would have enough faith in Cytori's tech to take a run at it . But then he is probably too smart to do that, even though I think he may be able to capitalize on the vast amount of research expense that the investors of Cytori have paid for. Good luck to you on your investment!

Ompensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company 09 Jun 2016 11:20 #7197

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm pretty sure that Gil would have no interest in the autologous model. Over time it has become clearer that the source of the raw materials are less important than the processes used to differentiate the cells, the strength of the science behind the administration of the cells, an understanding of the mechanism of action of the cells and the scalability of the business model. Don't you think MultiStem would work for Scleroderma too?

Ompensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company 09 Jun 2016 15:34 #7198

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

I'm pretty sure that Gil would have no interest in the autologous model

Yes it seems that is the way of the future for stem cells. I was convinced the autologous model was the safest and easiest way to procure large quantities of stem cells but it seems the obstacles to that have been mitigated. The "Celution" device seems to have been relegated to the treatment of apocalyptic burn injuries where the storage of mass quantities of stem cell "drugs" is not feasible.

Compensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company 09 Jun 2016 15:50 #7199

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Let me go on record to state, that market forces do not produce science upon demand. It is what it is. MSB´s mesenchymal progenitors can still not be traded and something is up apparently. We will see if its good or not.
Athersys MAPCs or whatever Catherine Verfaille´s non-reproducible technology is called has not shined except for deep data-mining. The jury is still out- I do know that Cytori will have the first (real) product on the market in the US. That is enough for me at present and I agree that Cytori should not bend for BIG PHARMA peanuts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman, rongside

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Compensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company 09 Jun 2016 18:14 #7200

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Fas, at the risk of sounding like a member of a mutual appreciation society I have to say that I agree wholeheartedly with your statements concerning autologous use of ADRC. The body is a complex mechanism/system that we are only NOW STARTING to understand. No doubt identifying and modifying a specific protein, molecule, antigen etc is great and more easily enforceable from a patent point of view. Patent-ability though does not determine how the body works.

ADRC work in a multiple of ways which can no doubt be tweaked for better performance. This will be the second phase of development. The first phase is getting approval for the "raw" ADRC infusion/injection. This unique development where the patient has the cure/drug as his own property stands the whole structure of pharmacological treatment on its head. BP is scared. Teaming up with a company that can potentially decimate the pharmaceutical industry's whole structure, product viability and R&D strategy takes some sort of visionary. BP isn't run by visionaries. Lets hope that a smarter than usual accountant figures it out. :winky:

For what it's worth I bit the bullet and subscribed to the issue for 100% of my entitlement. :bash: .
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman, Old Young Fox

Compensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company 10 Jun 2016 04:54 #7202

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110

rongside wrote:
ADRC work in a multiple of ways which can no doubt be tweaked for better performance. This will be the second phase of development. The first phase is getting approval for the "raw" ADRC infusion/injection. This unique development where the patient has the cure/drug as his own property stands the whole structure of pharmacological treatment on its head. BP is scared. Teaming up with a company that can potentially decimate the pharmaceutical industry's whole structure, product viability and R&D strategy takes some sort of visionary. BP isn't run by visionaries. Lets hope that a smarter than usual accountant figures it out. :winky:

Thanks John-

Just as support for the second generation "theory"- which is really not theory, but a "work in progress" - a follow up filing for one of Fraser´s/Hedrick´s patent applications on the subject, which passed my desk a few weeks ago.

The title says it all... :cool:
Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Compensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company 10 Jun 2016 08:26 #7206

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Athersys MAPCs or whatever Catherine Verfaille´s non-reproducible technology is called has not shined except for deep data-mining. The jury is still out-

Fas,

In the Athersys One Year Stroke data there was no data mining. At both 36 and 48 hours, statistical significance was reached for the endpoint, "Excellent Outcome". This was the same endpoint used to get tPA approved for acute ischemic stroke 20 years ago. Read more here . The jury is still out but the evidence is pretty strong.

Ompensation Reduction For Stem Cell Company 13 Jun 2016 07:58 #7222

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
"Last week, in furtherance of its reorganization plans, Neuralstem disclosed voluntary salary reductions of senior management as well as a reduction in non-employee board member compensation from $200,000 per annum to $100,000 per annum, payable in options, restricted stock or restricted stock units. “In furtherance of our reorganization plans and consistent with the voluntary salary reductions of senior management, the non-employee directors agreed that a reduction in our compensation was in the best interests of Neuralstem and its shareholders,” said Stanley Westreich, Neuralstem’s lead independent director."

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites