Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Adult Stem Cell News and Developments other than Cytori
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2 year old gets stem cell trachea (wind pipe)

2 year old gets stem cell trachea (wind pipe) 30 Apr 2013 19:49 #424

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Bone marrow stem cells used here but hopefully it gives a new life for this little girl !!!!

www.ktvu.com/news/news/stem-cell-windpipe-gives-2-year-old-chance-normal-/nXcZy/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 year old gets stem cell trachea (wind pipe) 01 May 2013 02:04 #425

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110

Macchiarini has been involved in 14 previous windpipe operations using patients' own stem cells — five using man-made scaffolds like Hannah's but in adults; and nine using scaffolds made from cadaver windpipes, including one in a 10-year-old British boy.
He said only one patient died, a 30-year-old man from Abingdon, Md., who had the operation in November 2011 to treat late-stage cancer of the windpipe. He died about four months later of uncertain causes, Macchiarini said.
Similar methods have been used to grow bladders, urethras and last year a girl in Sweden got a lab-made vein using her own stem cells and a cadaver vein.
Scientists hope to eventually use the method to create solid organs, including kidneys and livers, said Dr. Anthony Atala, director of Wake Forest University's Institute for Regenerative Medicine. He said the operation on Hannah Warren "is really showing that the technique is workable."

This is almost getting to be a "routine" by Paolo Macchiarini. from the Karolinska Institute in Sweden. Reminder that Institute (and several other Scandinivian academic resources) have progressed well in regenerative medicine and the ties to Japanese Companies like Dainippon Sumitomo are good. Just to remind you, that I still think that my hypothesis on ties between Sumitomo and Cytori I still think are very well possible- see link below for the article-

Biding our time
The following user(s) said Thank You: joeycav11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites