Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Off Topic on Adult (=regenerative) cell technology, but very much related i.e. pills and drugs of which we do not know if they work
  • Page:

TOPIC: Yasukuni, Shinzo Abe,Takahashi & Yamanaka

Yasukuni, Shinzo Abe,Takahashi & Yamanaka 14 Aug 2015 08:24 #4970

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
About an hour ago- on August 14th- Shinzo Abe made his anxiously awaited speech on the eve of the 70th anniversary of the Japanese capitulation and surrender of WW II after the A-Bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

he apparently said what could have been expected from a right wing politician from Japan these days.... no new apology "type Shinzo Abe", just repetitions of statements of Japanese politicians who preceded him in the past.

I think the patriotic and conservative attitude by the Japanese Government will also show in the execution of the new regenerative law which finally came into force in November 2014.

I think the prime reason for creating and designing the regenerative law, was the discovery of IPS cells- the induced Pluripotent Cells- for which the inventor Professor Yamanaka received the Nobel Price not all that long ago.

Of course- the very first trial seeking to use this new and core technology was already started last year by a rather well-known and famous female colleague of Yamanaka- Dr. Masayo Takahashi- who started a clinic on macular degeneration. Of course- a well selected disorder, since the eye is one of the few immunoprivileged parts of the body (insensitive for foreign=allo cells)

Now- the news has come out- already some weeks ago- that this trial is halted at the third patient because of carcinogenic mutations, which is similar to the 50 year old ESC issues.

Anyway- there are many articles written on the event- clear is- the law is still changing and details are added, which surely will make it difficult for non-japanese Companies to succeed.

Knoepfler wrote on this : Ipscell.com comments

but Buratov´s article is much better: Michael Buratov´s article

main thing is that all future apps need to have been tested on JAPANESE PATIENTS - this generally IS NOT THE CASE with apps developed outside Japan.

MesoBlasts partner JCL filed for approval for the GVHD application (formerly Osiris app) on October 1 2014. Nothing has been heard since than.
I do not know what Chugai has in mind with ATHX´s stroke app, but its quiet there too.

We should be happy with the SUI achievement for cytori- I do believe when successful some japanese Company will step forward and will take over.. :cool:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman, fatboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites