Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Off Topic on Adult (=regenerative) cell technology, but very much related i.e. pills and drugs of which we do not know if they work
  • Page:

TOPIC: Better Later than Never

Better Later than Never 13 Apr 2014 07:01 #1540

• rongside
  • rongside's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
www.alltrials.net/2014/europe-votes-for-clinical-trial-transparency/

It would have been nice to have had this legislation in place earlier (particularly for devices). We would know so much more about the Crohn's fistula and wound healing trials (and approvals)!!!!!!!. It is so logical for this legislation to exist it beggars belief that it has taken so long for something like this to be passed. Patient pressure is starting to dictate and determine the regulatory environment. When the budgetary considerations also start to be factored in with todays rapidly growing and better educated/informed populace, governments may well start to support and not fight populist pressure for quicker action in healthcare reform and drug/device development. Lets hope so.

Unfortunately the legislation will not be in place till 2016 and it is not dealing with devices. Still. a sign of movement in the right direction. :nice:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Better Later than Never 13 Apr 2014 10:18 #1541

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
***It is so logical for this legislation to exist it beggars belief that it has taken so long for something like this to be passed. ***

rongside, when we start getting legislators that do not have special interests behind them, (pharmaceutical big $$) :evil: we would be seeing these technologies moving forward a much quicker pace. The stall tactics being employed hopefully will come back to bite them. You mentioned patient pressure, this is what it will take. With overwhelming positive outcomes, the social media powerhouses will put pressure on that cannot be ignored.

d9
:vegas:

Better Later than Never 13 Apr 2014 11:44 #1542

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
Thanks John-

Openness is always good- so its pretty disgusting that Cytori is so secretive about its translational development.

Anyway- I will cover some of that later today or tomorrow- just to piggy- back on this-

The EU commission has published a paper recently with proposed changes on the Regulation 1394/2007.

I must admit - I just "flew" over it- but did not find any change for the "placed on the market prinicple" which could effect CCC.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites