Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Off Topic on Adult (=regenerative) cell technology, but very much related i.e. pills and drugs of which we do not know if they work
  • Page:

TOPIC: AA

AA 28 Jul 2016 16:54 #7511

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
>>>Alcoa Inc. plans to cut the number of its publicly traded shares with a 1-for-3 reverse stock split, as the aluminum maker prepares to split into two companies. The company said in a prepared statement that it was making the move in hopes of increasing its stock price, “which may improve liquidity and facilitate its trading.” Alcoa AA, +0.66% will hold a special shareholder meeting on Oct. 5 to seek approval of the reverse stock split and authorized share count reduction. Shares of the company, which have sagged 5% over the past three months, have been hurt by a supply glut of aluminum.<<<

Fas, isn't this your own stomping ground ?
Splitting the company may help some but the R/S didn't help Citigroup much when they tried it.
Still a unknown if our own 1:15 helps when investors catch on or was it just to leave room for more cash raises :KO: :really:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AA 29 Jul 2016 06:22 #7512

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1114

myownhedgefund wrote: >>>Alcoa Inc. plans to cut the number of its publicly traded shares with a 1-for-3 reverse stock split, as the aluminum maker prepares to split into two companies. The company said in a prepared statement that it was making the move in hopes of increasing its stock price, “which may improve liquidity and facilitate its trading.” Alcoa AA, +0.66% will hold a special shareholder meeting on Oct. 5 to seek approval of the reverse stock split and authorized share count reduction. Shares of the company, which have sagged 5% over the past three months, have been hurt by a supply glut of aluminum.<<<

Fas, isn't this your own stomping ground ?
Splitting the company may help some but the R/S didn't help Citigroup much when they tried it.
Still a unknown if our own 1:15 helps when investors catch on or was it just to leave room for more cash raises :KO: :really:

Yes- I spent two time periods there, both in excess of ten years each. I had a look at their presentation which I attach.

First- you have to understand the Alcoa terminology - upstream is low value added i.e. the basics like converting bauxite into alumina. And downstream is used for high value added products like converting rigid alu sheet and extrusions into an Audi vehicle body.

In my days they were heavily extending the use of basic aluminum into high end products (also a lot by acquisitions) i.e. expanding technical uses- why? In order to make the Company less cyclical. They even determined that these cycles were 7 years long- just like in the bible :grin: :grin: and we all had to learn about the Toyota production system, balanced scorecards, shared services- the works.

To me Alcoa is still cyclical- but the upstream business is where the money is with those gigantic mines in West Australia. Alcoa will simply become even more cyclical if you opt for owning them. :bye:

File Attachment:

File Name: AlcoaSeparationPresentation.pdf
File Size: 2,065 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites