Household affairs and private business
  • Page:

TOPIC: New template and stuff

New template and stuff 31 Jan 2016 06:56 #6142

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
After all emotions from last week, we enter "pre-decisive" February hopefully with a cool head and maybe in reflection "what could have been" might still come :grin: We know there is time until May/June, but in order to avoid issues with auditors, some resolvement before March 10 would be very useful :whistle: for obvious reasons.

On the website development changes that you must have noticed-

I decided against making a new design for the Lodge- just changed a few things, which I hope will make it easier to use and read with different device- main thing I switched from a fixed pixel width to screen coverage of 90%.

I wont be doing much until the "going concern" issue with Cytori is resolved anyway and we have more clarity for the future. Suits me all fine- since I have other things to do - amongst them getting two more cardiac stents the week after next. After the complete works with echo, stress EKG, catheter and stress MRT- the decision is not to do by pass surgery to service my myocardium scar with blood, since the tissue doesnt beat much at all anymore. Anyway- this kind of sets me up with a future date- I guess in 5-8 years or so- to have my fat cells sneak behind the scar tissue and wake up any hibernating muscle tissue that still could be available to beat in concert with the rest. :yep:

Anyway- I made sure I have all screenshots and Philips video of the catheter checks- so I might use that for my fitness site going forward... :nice:
The following user(s) said Thank You: carl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

New template and stuff 31 Jan 2016 07:41 #6144

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Noticed the new template yesterday. :woohoo:

Hang in there on the health issues Fas ! :yep:

New template and stuff 31 Jan 2016 20:56 #6149

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Best of luck with the health issues, Fas.

New template and stuff 01 Feb 2016 04:26 #6150

• fas
Thanks Hedge/WST for the good wishes.

I am very optimistic and confident that we can tweak things in a way that I can still entertain my plans to get very very old.

I knew from the start that getting healthy and a drastically changed lifestyle does not wipe out 50 years of smoking, almost the same time frame of stress etc. That effects the infrastructure of the body- the organs most drastically of course. Anyway- I think I got to it just in time and with my own natural health knowledge increasing and NOT rejecting the good things of Carnegie medicine- I think we are gonna be OK.

And as I have mentioned before- I intend to document that to the benefit of others.

I presume other people want to grow old too...survival is a natural phenomena of the species "human being". :grin:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

New template and stuff 01 Feb 2016 09:50 #6155

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Nice touches with the template fas. :nice: One note, please don't take offense, but if you can squeeze the type ***Welcome To The Racoon Logde*** so it fits in the blue background, it wouldn't be washed out on either side. Sorry, that's the type A coming of me. But more importantly your health. Take care of yourself and best of luck with you ticker. :vegas:

d9

New template and stuff 01 Feb 2016 11:07 #6156

• fas
Hi D9-

Yeah- I see. Some of the lower screen phone resolutions, the images and the header in the portrait view kind of overlap. Can you give me your screen resolution?

I will make it a bit smaller- mind you, my Dell 24" screen uses 1680x1050 - so I am used to loads of space.. :grin:

New template and stuff 01 Feb 2016 17:20 #6158

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Fas wrote,

survival is a natural phenomena of the species "human being"

Yes Fas, the "creator" has endowed us with the drive to live. From what you have posted here I think you have shown your commitment and are now living your life with respect for your body. I have been impressed with your posts regarding your new diet, vitamin regimen, and enhanced physical awareness. I am not religious but I said a little prayer that you will be with us for a long time to come!

:vegas:

PS - the site looks great. thanks!

New template and stuff 02 Feb 2016 07:48 #6164

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi fas, I mostly use my iPad Air with Retina display. 9.7 inch screen and 2048x1536 resolution. Your tweeking of the header solved that overlap, looks great.

d9

New template and stuff 03 Feb 2016 11:48 #6191

• fas

d9dozrman wrote: Hi fas, I mostly use my iPad Air with Retina display. 9.7 inch screen and 2048x1536 resolution. Your tweeking of the header solved that overlap, looks great.

d9

Wow- a small television screen just about. :yep:

Your answer inspired me in seeing what resolutions the visitors here use - I picked the latest month January as a sample.

This is what I got :KO:

Those resolutions are ALL OVER THE PLACE !!!! From gigantic screens (even much bigger ones) to your tiny mini-mobile screens.

Of course, I know about "responsive" template design and all that jazz, but never paid particular attention to it. With the variety as stated on this list - there is no place for fixed width templates any longer. The program I bought for template design is good- but my old software suits me fine for the time being too and I do NOT have a learning curve there- actually I am a bit of a wizard with Artisteer.

Templates can do a lot- but webmasters- like myself- have to learn new tricks also- you might have seen the raccoon image (on the upper right hand side) being too small or way to big for its container the past days. That has to do with images not being fluid like text and certain tricks are needed to have them resized for each and every resolution :bash:

I finally figured that one out- and am set for the future. Just one thing- I decided to do everything with my templates and my own skills- no special mobile software and that stuff. Since I am not a "handyman" myself, any issues with mobiles would be appreciated- also small stuff. :cool: :yep:
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.455 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites