Household affairs and private business
  • Page:

TOPIC: New domain?

New domain? 18 Jul 2019 11:26 #13044

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
With the name Cytori ceasing to exist and turning into Plus Therapeutics, I could simply ignore that but also have the option to react on that event.

With the change of business as it is right now, I am kind of embarrassed with the site name -cytx-investor.com. So would like to get rid of that and spent a few minutes deliberating. I recently paid for a year of hosting service and for a year for the domain cytx-investor.com.

What I could do is order a new domain- transfer all content to that domain and install a forwarding service for all requests for c-i.com to the new domain name.

From a content perspective- I am at present rather busy supporting my wife with her "new hobby". You have to know- that until last year my wife was rather critical of my web activities. That is, until I gave her a nice laptop for her birthday. Now she spends more time in front of a computer than I do. The result is that we set up a lego bricks business at Bricklink.com, which (really) should not make money, but maybe it even will. Its just a hobby- if you are interested just click this link- Here

So I will worry about content at a later date, but could use some "creative" help with a domain name- obvious would be - raccoon-lodge.com (still available) or something relating to myself - like- fas.me. But that i feel is too egocentric.

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

New domain? 18 Jul 2019 23:47 #13046

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
With the effective demise of CYTX it is appropriate to change the name. The website has been a civilized spot for its members to communicate amongst themselves. This has clearly been due to your efforts as moderator. I am happy with whatever you choose, but would note that raccoon-lodge appeals as it has continuity with the past. It also projects a sense of belonging to a private club.

What we choose to discuss in this ''new'' club will be a work in progress. Perhaps a broader discussion platform for regenerative/holistic medicine/biotech ???? eg. Avita , Athersys . I have been following a company for a while which I think is interesting, Omeros (OMER). If anyone knows of it and has an opinion it would be appreciated.

New domain? 19 Jul 2019 07:23 #13047

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 203
Fas...really nice site you set up for your wife. You threw me for a bit with the "bricks" term but after perusing I see it is Lego's. Maybe that term is more common in the Lego community here...that I just dont know. Anyway good luck to you and your wife with it !
As far our new name for the site here.... I am with rongside...whatever is fine bit the raccoon-lodge has its appeal as rongside stated. I am afraid I am unimaginative and even after sleeping on it couldnt come up with a alternative suggestion.

rongside, I recognize the OMER ticker but know nothing of the company. Not sure if the ticker is familiar due to seeing on the scroll on CNBC (local financial cable news station) or checking the CYTX share price and YAHOO displays other familiar searched tickers. Anyway...sorry I am no help. I am still curious on Avita....still no position....dont really llikea $6 area entry either. We shall see on that one.

New domain? 19 Jul 2019 08:43 #13049

• fas
Hedge- as a registered protected trademark- you will not find the word Lego anywhere on the Bricklink site. Its simply not allowed although its solely Lego. Bricks is the substitute name therefore and outside Bricklink I use the term "Lego bricks" now. Its fun, you get in touch with all kinds of folks from all corners of the globe, who basically at this point are just inquiring.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

New domain? 19 Jul 2019 12:53 #13053

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
I think that the site name of Raccoon-Lodge.com would be perfect.

New domain? 22 Jul 2019 12:22 #13057

• fas

rodney.strongg wrote: I think that the site name of Raccoon-Lodge.com would be perfect.

Yeah- I agree- it was pretty obvious. So it will be. I will draw up a plan with the to do´s to realize the change and when the summer heat subsides a bit, will start executing that plan. Goal is roughly to be finished by September-end. The content will be a "changed" Lodge board, some RSS feeds on regenerative medicine and my own story of what I have done to reverse my many disorders logically flowing into methods to combat aging after successfully reversing all that crap.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites