• Page:

TOPIC: Fas....site having problems with sign on

Fas....site having problems with sign on 01 Feb 2018 10:58 #11061

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Hi Fas...the lodge is having problems with members sighing in.
Both b7 and myself has issues this morning that persist.
I saw WST got in so playing around I find that you can sign in if you first hit "reply" to a message then hit "log in" at the bottom.
Anyway, just making you aware and to let lodge members aware of the work around !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fas....site having problems with sign on 01 Feb 2018 11:34 #11063

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Thanks Hedge-

The last couple of days, the system shows huge visitor numbers, which obviously are not "real" or there. Looking at Siteground (my hoster) I see a gigantic number of scripts running (almost 20.000) which is very suspicious. I did change to a new Joomla version yesterday (latest 3.8.4) but that cannot be it, IEO think.

I had a log-in issue just now also- by hitting the log-in button at the bottom at a post- I got in.

Do not know what to do, but just wait and see if things go back to normal. In the past I panicked before and created myself a lot of needless extra work.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Fas....site having problems with sign on 01 Feb 2018 12:22 #11064

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18

fas wrote: Thanks Hedge-

The last couple of days, the system shows huge visitor numbers, which obviously are not "real" or there. Looking at Siteground (my hoster) I see a gigantic number of scripts running (almost 20.000) which is very suspicious. I did change to a new Joomla version yesterday (latest 3.8.4) but that cannot be it, IEO think.

I had a log-in issue just now also- by hitting the log-in button at the bottom at a post- I got in.

Do not know what to do, but just wait and see if things go back to normal. In the past I panicked before and created myself a lot of needless extra work.

Fas, we should be so fortunate as to be inundated with a huge amount of visitors for CYTX - unfortunately, the last few days have been very disappointing - we need news!

PS - hope you come up with an easy solution - in the meantime, your temporary solution works well.

Fas....site having problems with sign on 03 Feb 2018 08:17 #11121

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas
FYI, normal sign on method worked today ! :winky:

Fas....site having problems with sign on 03 Feb 2018 08:24 #11122

• fas

myownhedgefund wrote: Fas
FYI, normal sign on method worked today ! :winky:

Yes- I know, since I fixed it this morning. Makes the site slightly more vulnerable to bot attacks which I experienced massively this week, but just slightly

I will make an announcement later today of what happened, key thing though to know is, that the site, its security system and that of its hoster passed this probably with flying colors. :winky:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Fas....site having problems with sign on 04 Feb 2018 06:14 #11132

• fas
Just a few lines concerning my experiences with the website from the past week, instead of an announcement which only subscribers can see.
You must have noted the hundreds sometimes thousands of visitors in the info section. Contrary to what Rodney thinks- (I presume he thinks they are real human visitors), I have to dissappoint and confess that the interest of folks is extremely low and only 20% or so, what it used to be in good days. Cytori and the Lodge is pretty much "out".
Those numbers represent mainly bots i.e. computers, of I presume- malicious nature- trying to get in with all kind of tricks. My hoster has been recording almost 20.000 account scripts on a 24 hour basis, which is 5-6 x the usual number for the site. Thereto my security system is showing long lists of security violators (by IP address), which have been getting blacklisted on a daily basis.
Of course- I had to act, to damm the flood. I increased blacklisting from 3 hours to 3 days. I reduced session time from 30 to 10 minutes. I activated software which protects against more sophisticated attacks too and ordered a daily scan from my hoster to scan for malware. That was done yesterday for the first time. The site is perfectly clean and also- I find- runs very smoothly. I also hid the user list for guest, to limit the guessing by outsiders on passwords.
For you it means- be careful with logging in- 3x wrong, means you are gone for 3 days. Write long stories in a write program and paste to the Lodge- since your session time is much shorter. For folks with VERY simple passwords- please consider strenghtening (but write down!!!!!)
Anyway- I find this all rather strange- why this site? Funny things here- funny things at Cytori.

I do not believe in coincidence. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: myownhedgefund

Fas....site having problems with sign on 04 Feb 2018 08:00 #11133

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks as always for all your effort Fas !!!!!!

Wow, 10 minutes....for me that means being extra careful on my posting efforts.....LOL :KO:

Fas....site having problems with sign on 04 Feb 2018 08:09 #11134

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I'll add one more thing Fas....YMB had some recent strange activity with post recently as well.
May or may not be a coincidence

Fas....site having problems with sign on 05 Feb 2018 09:59 #11147

• fas
I increased the session time to 20 minutes- should be enough time to write, but short enough to minimise risks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites