Household affairs and private business
  • Page:

TOPIC: AMPing up?

AMPing up? 11 Mar 2016 09:58 #6608

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
I have written in the past, that I am rather clueless in mobile applications, since I happen to sit mainly behind my 1680x1080 pixel screen at home and have no need for a smartphone really.

I do realize most users do however and have picked up on the Google initiative : Accelerated Mobile Pages. More on that following this link: AMP PROJECT

Yesterday I installed a plugin of the free community version for Joomla called "wbamp" and this morning I got an email from Google analytics that there was a sharp increase in "404" mobile pages... :whistle:

I tried to check with my powerless 5 cents smart phone, but found everything in order- so I do not know if there is a problem.

If there are mobile users having issues, please let me know using a PC or tablet please,... either by responding here or sending a private message or using the contact form....at the bottom right side.

Just knowing if there is actually an improvement in mobile speed would be nice to know too of course..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

AMPing up? 12 Mar 2016 07:35 #6612

• fas
Besides AMP for mobile sites, I have been thinking about the issue that login data from users sometimes remain visible for other users if two conditions are met:

1. the system has "closed the users session" after 15 minutes of inaction which is defined as not having switched to another page of the site
2. the user has kept his session open at the client side

The solution also came from my hoster last week in the form of free encryption of site traffic....

The message from my hoster Siteground--

You can now obtain Let's Encrypt security certificates for your SiteGround websites! Let’s Encrypt is a new, free and open certificate authority that we have integrated in the cPanel. By making your websites secure, you will also take advantage of the recently released HTTP/2 protocol that works only over encrypted connections and significantly improves website performance. Find here more about how to install and use Let’s Encrypt.

So I installed the SSL certificate from Let´s Encrypt and "forced" all users (is a Joomla setting) to take the "https" version of the site.

So- your bookmarks are outdated now- you HAVE to change your links to https://www.cytx-investor.com instead of http...etc.

It is a bit of a pain in the a... for me too, since feedburner does not work with encrypted sites, even though they are owned by Google and Google says - the future of the web is HTTP2 protocol and that only works with encryption. :whistle:

I do have some other solutions though for that issue :grin: helps when one has a bit of experience.. :yep:

Anyway- that session problem addressed at the beginning can not happen any longer with encryption...

Here you can read some more on free encryption : Free Encryption Project

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

AMPing up? 30 Mar 2016 09:33 #6737

• fas
The encryption is running very smooth and I cleaned out all bugs to my knowledge. Today I added a widget from Tradingview.com which is free, real-time and also encrypted- so fits to the site.

It has the ticker of all stem cell stocks I kind of keep an eye on, together with the major commodities,oil etc, forex data and major indices around the globe. From Tradingview,com is also the interactive chart in the PPS section- a link you find at the bottom right hand side of each page (i.e. the general menu). If you click the blue button of the chart, you can blow it up on your screen...very nice tool to play with. :yep:

Anyway- have not started with jacking up the content and wait until Callan Road delivers- the work I did so far taught me a lot and is useful and not a waste- if Cytori does not deliver, working on content will be a waste. :evil:

I will use my "young-foxes.com" domain for my "own" natural health site- that will take another few months but is big fun. The template software is a bitch though- very sophisticated and difficult, but looks nice... :cool:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites