CYTX Financial performance development
  • Page:

TOPIC: Smelling Inflection Points by Hedrick

Smelling Inflection Points by Hedrick 17 Apr 2017 12:50 #9178

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
The front page article of Hedrick smelling the inflection points in 2009 and in 2016 - link HERE , talked about breaking even in 2018 and ended with the following statement by Hedrick made in May 2016- even less than a year ago and this assessment, like many others is unlikely to become reality.

So one way to look at this albeit sort of artificial, but you can look at the world and say, if Cytori adds up the cash it has on-hand at year-end and adds to that all the elements I mentioned such as declining burn trajectory, the anticipated revenue growth, throw in the flexibility provided by the ATM and then add in a reasonable upside scenario from our active licensing program, on a pro forma basis today, we have enough current cash, access to capital and visibility to non-dilutive opportunities to get us to overall corporate breakeven in 2018. And to be clear, that's prior to formal US scleroderma launch and that's without any additional new financing transactions.

All decisions which have been made, appear to favor "lining the pockets of management and BOD". The decision not to budge on requesting discounts for the Managed Access Program is a clear example there for. Result - more cash agony, a secondary , low PPS , but of course even more excessive salaries, bonuses and option rewards.

We are now at 6 or 7 cents pre-split- one can only say.....

I believe they want the shareholders approval for changing the incentive plan from 2014 at the coming Annual Shareholders Meeting. I do not know, but my guess is that the first management options which were later corrected "because 0f a mistake" were actually in conflict with this 2014 plan and those assholes want to grab their "Full reward" back.

Of course- they will get it in the end, but from a principal perspective I feel an "AGAINST" vote is in order and well deserved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Smelling Inflection Points by Hedrick 17 Apr 2017 13:29 #9179

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Of course AGAINST but as you indicated...it wont matter.
Again, why didn't they raise when they could with the ATM ???? The absolute chronic issue with this company.
Maybe you were on to something some time ago Fas and they truly want to destroy the company...LOL

Anyway, todays thought for me was remember CC stacked the BOD before he got canned. Could Hedrick be afraid there is risk to his position and he wants to dilute the vote ? Where are we ? Are we back to 7 on the BOD ?

Smelling Inflection Points by Hedrick 17 Apr 2017 14:23 #9180

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110

myownhedgefund wrote: Of course AGAINST but as you indicated...it wont matter.
Again, why didn't they raise when they could with the ATM ???? The absolute chronic issue with this company.
Maybe you were on to something some time ago Fas and they truly want to destroy the company...LOL

Anyway, todays thought for me was remember CC stacked the BOD before he got canned. Could Hedrick be afraid there is risk to his position and he wants to dilute the vote ? Where are we ? Are we back to 7 on the BOD ?

They did use the ATM at times (see below), but only at last resort I guess- I personally assume extreme differences in perceptions of market value for Cytori by the market and by Cytori Management and all kind of related things. That is really what still excites me about the Company-

Who is right?

Paul Hawran gave up- he was rather critical on Calhoun/Hedrick I believe and rightly so and we probably got another yeah-sayer as replacement but with the right qualifications in your "niche" applications. Total BOD is still 7 yes.

We will see- according to LinkedIn, Calhoun, Soneff, Jackie Perin et al are still around at Celactive, whatever that means. Plenty food for very negative scenarios and things, but also with the present PPS plenty opportunity for folks in-the-know to do the right things.

You can call me nuts- but I picked up a few more shares last Thursday.

During 2016, we sold 1,840,982 shares of our common stock under our ATM offering program, receiving total net proceeds of approximately $4.4 million.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Smelling Inflection Points by Hedrick 17 Apr 2017 14:28 #9181

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 102
FAS and Hedge

I think a lot of people here and there (YH) are "investing" CYTX by reading the tea leaves.

Indeed, we are approaching a very critical point in the life of the company, when the STAR phase 3 readout will be released in the beginning of the 3rd Q.

We are all scared by the OA readout a while back, when the placebo clinical effects are significant, while the MRI data for the treatment arm is promising. When I look into the OA placebo effects in other randomized studies- significant placebo effects are also observed and in those studies the investigators are not able to draw a statistical difference between treatment and placebo. Maybe we should not be surprised by the comparative results of the CYTX OA study.

I think OA and scleroderma are two different illnesses. If one would search medical literature for saline placebo effects in limited randomized studies for mild to moderate to severe localized finger scleroderma, it is clearly shown saline does not have placebo effects in this illness (not even benefits for the Raynaud's). For mild illness conditions, continuing and repeating local warming and lotion application day in and day out can help, but the illness continues and progresses. Local scar tissues would not allow clinical response with just saline injections.

Smelling Inflection Points by Hedrick 17 Apr 2017 14:53 #9182

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas
Very aware of the small ATM use. Remember WST called Tiago and urged its usage just before had. Weather it was in the cards anyway I guess we will never know but I go back to my beliefs that any company that is responsible raises MORE than they think they really need !

franshei
I still view the greater risk in post approval usage.
Remember, we are starting with just the hands.

Smelling Inflection Points by Hedrick 18 Apr 2017 09:00 #9185

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
The only thing that smells around here is the BS coming from management and those still touting this POS as a legitimate investment and CYTX being a legitimate company. Shame on all of you.

Smelling Inflection Points by Hedrick 18 Apr 2017 14:09 #9189

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Hedge wrote:

Again, why didn't they raise when they could with the ATM ????

Maybe so they could suck more "investors" in at $1.62 before the cut their balls off? Just a thought.

Smelling Inflection Points by Hedrick 18 Apr 2017 14:37 #9190

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fatboy ...$1.62 ????
When they used the ATM it was on a price spike with volume.
Although others likely selling at the time (think Sabby) anytime before now would have resulted in higher pricing especially if you go back as far as when the Cowen deal was struck.
People keep saying they are being advised but its the worst set of advisors I have ever seen...beyond the fact management likely believes their own BS...LOL
Lets see where we close today...setting up for a stabbing bottom...would like to see $1.02 or above close. If so, then perhaps at least a short term bottom may hold. Not ready to say we have a chance at more than that just yet. Shorts are back playing.

Smelling Inflection Points by Hedrick 19 Apr 2017 10:22 #9198

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedge wrote:

Lets see where we close today...setting up for a stabbing bottom...would like to see $1.02 or above close. If so, then perhaps at least a short term bottom may hold. Not ready to say we have a chance at more than that just yet. Shorts are back playing.

This saga is amazing. Even the poor dupes at $1.10 are getting a haircut. I am wondering if they will be able to keep it above a buck until the scleroderma results? If history is any indication the answer is no. And their actions speak to their lack of confidence of being able to raise new funds at anything but fire sale valuations.

Smelling Inflection Points by Hedrick 19 Apr 2017 20:09 #9203

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I think the shorts are working it hard to break that 1.00 psychological barrier and if successful, they'll be looking for it too free fall another 20 cents or more prior to the July data coming out

Smelling Inflection Points by Hedrick 20 Apr 2017 16:07 #9208

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
b767cpt.

I agree the one dollar barrier is an important marker and if it is broken there will be much pain (for the longs). Hopefully they will garner their resources and offer their support here. I would not bet a dime on my hopes though.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites