Cytori´s Platform applications
  • Page:

TOPIC: GID, Cimino at IFATS on OA

GID, Cimino at IFATS on OA 22 Nov 2014 14:02 #2763

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1114
Oldtimers in the stock will recall the "dumb" action by Hedrick or Cytori (???) back in 2007 to strip Hedrick´s colleagues at Pittsburgh University of their "shared patent" on stromal cells from fat. The so called 231 patent which also had the "boss in Pgh" William Futrell, Hedrick´s partner in StemSource- Adam Katz, and the (now) Majorca resident and Spanish national Ramon Llull as "inventors".

Instead of stripping those guys of their patent "ownership" Hedrick and his crew themselves were stripped of their IP. A kind of boomerang effect that prevails in the history of Cytori due to the infinite "wisdom of its managers- including Hedrick. :vegas:

Anyway- most of you do not know "The GID Group"- GID Group , which has been founded by these opponents- i.e. Futrell, Katz and Llull and another guy of which William Cimino is the CEO. Cimino was CEO and founder of Sound Surgical Technologies which marketed the Puregraft system in the US for some time. :KO:

Anyway- The guy talking on this picture is Bill Futrell and the one in the middle- William Cimino, who presented at IFATS on OA. Funny isnt it- your "enemies" help you get some comfort on "one of" your main applications in the US... :grin: :grin: :grin:

USE OF AUTOLOGOUS ADIPOSE-DERIVED STROMAL VASCULAR FRACTION TO TREAT OSTEOARTHRITIS OF THE KNEE; 2 INDEPENDENT STUDIES USING SAME METHODS
Presenter: William Cimino, PhD Authors: Cimino W, Garza J, Santa Mariad D, Palomera T, Dumanian G, Dos-Anjos S, Fodor P, Paulseth S The GID Group
Introduction: Autologous adipose-derived stromal vascular fraction (SVF) was used to treat 10 osteoarthritic knees of grade II or III (K-L scale) (Study 1), and 10 additional osteoarthritic knees of grades I-III (K-L scale), including MRI imaging (Study 2). Questions/Purposes: (1) Can adipose-derived SVF be safely used for intra-articular injection of the knee? (2) Does intra- articular injection of adipose-derived SVF provide relief of pain and increase in mobility in osteoarthritic knees? (3) Does MRI imaging of the knee show changes in knee tissues corresponding to any measured changes in pain or mobility (Study 2)?
Patients and Methods: Patient ages ranged from 52 - 69 years with a mean of 59 years (Study 1) and 51 - 68 years with a mean of 59 years (Study 2). SVF was obtained through disaggregation of lipoaspirate and resuspension of the SVF pellet in 3 ml of Lactated Ringer’s Solution, with a mean of 37 million viable nucleated SVF cells injected per knee (Study 1) and a mean of 17 million viable nucleated SVF cells injected per knee (Study 2).
Results: (1) No infections, acute pain flares, or other adverse events were reported related to intra-articular injection of adipose-derived SVF in the knee (Study 1 and 2). (2) At 12 weeks post-op all 10 knees showed decreased pain and increased mobility, both statistically significant (= .01) and nine of ten knees reported either maximum possible or very significant decrease in pain (Study 1). At 12 weeks post-op 8 of 10 knees showed decreased pain and increased mobility, both statistically significant (= .01) (Study 2). (3) At 12 weeks post- op MRI imaging of knee tissues showed increase in cartilage thickness (Study 2).
Conclusions: Two independent studies using autologous SVF to treat OA of the knee showed statistically significant reduction in pain and increase in mobility. MRI imaging showed thickening of the cartilage of the knee. Use of autologous SVF in the knee is a promising cell-based therapy that addresses a significant clinical need with no known regenerative solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

GID, Cimino at IFATS on OA 22 Nov 2014 14:37 #2765

• agamemnus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
"Interesting" results, to say the least. I am new to the world of Cytori stem cells, so I'm not sure what to make of this, though. Can you say how applicable this is to the cells that Cytori produces?

GID, Cimino at IFATS on OA 22 Nov 2014 14:52 #2766

• fas
Agaxxxxxxx-

In the "methods" of scientific publications it is often not clear what method of extraction of cells are used. That is often for competitive reasons or simply avoiding legal conflicts (by ignoring IP conflicts)...

here we have :

SVF was obtained through disaggregation of lipoaspirate and resuspension of the SVF pellet in 3 ml of Lactated Ringer’s Solution, with a mean of 37 million viable nucleated SVF cells injected per knee (Study 1) and a mean of 17 million viable nucleated SVF cells injected per knee (Study 2)

you can take poison on it that GID SVF1 equipment was used which " disaggregated lipoaspirate and resuspended the SVF pellet in 3 ml of Lactated Ringer’s Solution"- meaning they probably used a collagenase to digest the lipoaspirate and filtrated the suspension" to get the SVF.

To me that all conflicts with Cytori IP, but I find that irrelevant at this point in time. :yawn:

Fact is : Celution 800 CRS and new CTX2 tech is the Rolls Royce under fat extraction techniques and therefore will provide optimal results in ANY application. :cool:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman, agamemnus

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

GID, Cimino at IFATS on OA 22 Nov 2014 16:21 #2768

• agamemnus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks. If you don't mind, I'm going to uh "twit" this... but where can I get a copy instead of just an abstract?

GID, Cimino at IFATS on OA 22 Nov 2014 20:07 #2770

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
The long sad history is absolutely nothing has gone in Cytori's favor over the years. Including our only patent protection case. :cry:

I guess one could also question if pulling money forward in the sale of Puregraft was the smart thing to do. :winky: :really:

The positive was stat sig results even if they werent ours. :cool:

Only if we had money !!!!!!!!!!!!

Smart companies always raise more than they think they need....and when they do it when the stock rises not til they have next to nothing in the bank and they get the worse terms possible as Calhoun/Saad did over and over followed by Hedrick/Tiago. :puke: :puke: :puke: :KO:

GID, Cimino at IFATS on OA 23 Nov 2014 05:56 #2771

• agamemnus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

myownhedgefund wrote: Smart companies always raise more than they think they need....and when they do it when the stock rises not til they have next to nothing in the bank and they get the worse terms possible as Calhoun/Saad did over and over followed by Hedrick/Tiago. :puke: :puke: :puke: :KO:

That's why having extra shares to offer in the event of a big spike is a good thing... Cytori totally missed the boat on the two early spikes of fover 3 dollars earlier this year, of course... but double the float (as they want currently) might be a bit ridiculous.

GID, Cimino at IFATS on OA 23 Nov 2014 19:23 #2772

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
Sure Agamemnus

GID, Cimino at IFATS on OA 24 Nov 2014 10:21 #2773

• agamemnus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
So.. did anyone find anything other than an abstract?...

GID, Cimino at IFATS on OA 24 Nov 2014 12:59 #2774

• fas
Sorry - forgot to tell you.

You can search Google or any other search engine, but are likely not to find the paper. This happens only when the authors decide to put its content in a scientific paper and have it reviewed by peers and as mentioned, published in a journal.

Since we live in a free world - you are always allowed to contact the authors and ask for a copy of what there is right now. :grin:

GID, Cimino at IFATS on OA 24 Nov 2014 13:35 #2775

• agamemnus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Oh, thanks.

I thought that they actually release papers in these things.. such a tease.

GID, Cimino at IFATS on OA 24 Nov 2014 15:10 #2776

• fas

I thought that they actually release papers in these things.. such a tease.

Well.. actually they do- at the Conference, where you can see the posters on a billboard (so to speak) with paper copies next to it.

I guess that why the entrance fee is pretty steep >1200 $

Thats why I wanted to go there too, but nobody volunteered to pay my entrance fee lol. :woohoo: :happy:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites