• Page:

TOPIC: Polish ALS study results

Polish ALS study results 15 Jul 2018 19:53 #12063

• rongside
  • rongside's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 193
Here is a link with results from the Polish ALS trial. One can review the full study results via the PDF link.

www.hindawi.com/journals/sci/aip/4392017/

The results were not supportive. Only 4 patients treated although 126 patients screened. A massively complex disease with huge difficulties in conducting trials.

Independent researchers are driving our knowledge of ADRC potential, even when unsuccessful.

I believe that the benefit of ADRC is in the area of wound repair/healing. As per the above the reason they chose to use ADRC is because:

Our data gathered in preclinical and clinical experimentation indicate that freshly isolated, undifferentiated and highly proliferating MSC have the highest adjuvant properties [11]. With time of culture, cells differentiate and their protective effect declines in parallel with changes in their paracrine/adjuvant capabilities [14].

Autologous is probably the most effective treatment option in wound care/treament. The question is whether it is defendable from a patent point of view. Is this the reason we are not getting a partnership deal? At this point shouldn't government/non profit players step in to take this over the finish line...... and into the mainstream?

Perhaps the problem can be summed up as My cells are not your drug
The following user(s) said Thank You: fas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Polish ALS study results 20 Jul 2018 03:44 #12084

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1085
Thanks for the link John. I had some time yesterday to read the full paper and was shocked to learn how ALS progresses fast and leads to unbearable quality of life situations. The prime example thereof was in my mind, the fact that from the screened population of 126 patients, initially 14 qualified to be treated. However by the time they were ready to treat the patients the bulk of the 14 did not qualify any longer and only 4 ended up being treated.

I did read a lot of positive impact of the cell treatment (pretty technical all that stuff), but further deterioration sets in soon after, which led to depression at the patients after initial positivism. So no reversal possible due to the complexity of the disorder, but still the researchers were quite adamant, that ADRC´s were the most promising cell types available and recommend further studies, preferable at an earlier stadium of the disorder, but here you run often in diagnostic issues.
Anyway- the paper told me privately also a lot- my best friend from my youth back home, was diagnosed two years ago- I feel a sense of urgency to go and see him soon now.

On another note- the scientific sources which I trust, tell me that this 220 billion (US only) costing disease, is caused roughly for 5% by genetic conditions, but the bulk i.e 95% is lifestyle. Its also been dubbed Diabetes Type 3 nowadays. I personally can relate to that- I feel much sharper in the brain nowadays than 3-4 years ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds