Cytori´s Platform applications
  • Page:

TOPIC: Okyanos Scleroderma article now online

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 10:11 #10159

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115

Okyanos is proud to bring hope to the more than 50,000 Americans suffering on a daily basis with diffuse scleroderma, the most severe type of this devastating autoimmune disease. The advanced stem cell therapy protocol available at Okyanos, which is currently not being offered in the United States, is an important therapeutic option for the skin manifestations of this type of systemic scleroderma.

UNDERSTANDING SCLERODERMA

Scleroderma (also called systemic sclerosis) is a devastating autoimmune rheumatic disease which damages connective tissue. One of the most serious classifications of this disease is known as diffuse scleroderma wherein the “sclerosis” (hardening of the tissue) occurs in the internal systems of the body, causing damage and widespread scarring to the skin as well as to various internal organs such as the lungs, kidneys, heart and gastrointestinal organs.

Diffuse scleroderma is characterized by a lower survival rate than other forms of the disease, and no curative pharmacological treatment options have been developed to-date. The disease process of diffuse scleroderma involves a number of different factors, including:

continue reading---- HERE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 10:27 #10160

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Would be curious to know what Okyanos is charging for this unapproved therapy. Doubt it would be anything more than $10,000 in private pay market. How many patients they get at that price is very questionable since it is not FDA approved and primary endpoint failed. The irony here is that Okyanos is now a competitor to Cytori in scleroderma against the future market for those who still believe Cytori has a shot at FDA approval in next year or so. Every patient treated by Okyanos is one that Cytori can't earn $50K on.

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 11:12 #10161

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115

Wall Street Titan wrote: Would be curious to know what Okyanos is charging for this unapproved therapy. Doubt it would be anything more than $10,000 in private pay market. How many patients they get at that price is very questionable since it is not FDA approved and primary endpoint failed. The irony here is that Okyanos is now a competitor to Cytori in scleroderma against the future market for those who still believe Cytori has a shot at FDA approval in next year or so. Every patient treated by Okyanos is one that Cytori can't earn $50K on.

You are assuming a lot WST, for somebody who does not know better than all of us.

Fact is- Okyanos is a good customer of Cytori who are advertising with the STAR protocol, which I suspect is a part of the Cytori IP on the application. My speculation- since I do not know either, would be that agreement has been reached between both parties to offer the therapy on terms agreed to by both parties. It is unlikely that 50.000 diffuse patients will take the plane to the Bahama´s to get treated (where the app is certainly approved) and even 5-10 patients this year sounds like a lot to me.

But every little bit helps- I would say.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 11:12 #10162

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19

Wall Street Titan wrote: Would be curious to know what Okyanos is charging for this unapproved therapy. Doubt it would be anything more than $10,000 in private pay market. How many patients they get at that price is very questionable since it is not FDA approved and primary endpoint failed. The irony here is that Okyanos is now a competitor to Cytori in scleroderma against the future market for those who still believe Cytori has a shot at FDA approval in next year or so. Every patient treated by Okyanos is one that Cytori can't earn $50K on.

Who would not hypothetically take 500 patients at Okyanos RIGHT NOW for $10,000 each (totalling $5 million) and forgive the loss of a higher price potentially some time in the future.

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 11:39 #10163

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes, I've made assumptions. That is the only way to discuss this. Another assumption I made is that Okyanos will use Cytori's system, even if it is not specifically stated on the website as far as I can see. Assuming they are using Cytori's system, I think the $10,000 is a reasonable assumption since there is so much competition from stem cell clinics in the U.S. offering non FDA approved procedures. If you buy the $10,000 price, how much do you think Cytori's cut will be? $2,000? Far cry from the $50K+ they had hoped for with approval. Anyone who believes Cytori will earn $10,000 per each Okyanos procedure is way off the mark, IMHO.

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 12:55 #10164

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Wall Street Titan wrote: Yes, I've made assumptions. That is the only way to discuss this. Another assumption I made is that Okyanos will use Cytori's system, even if it is not specifically stated on the website as far as I can see. Assuming they are using Cytori's system, I think the $10,000 is a reasonable assumption since there is so much competition from stem cell clinics in the U.S. offering non FDA approved procedures. If you buy the $10,000 price, how much do you think Cytori's cut will be? $2,000? Far cry from the $50K+ they had hoped for with approval. Anyone who believes Cytori will earn $10,000 per each Okyanos procedure is way off the mark, IMHO.

Fine, I will take the $1 million right now!

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 12:59 #10165

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
Another thing to consider is what about all the crying on how they couldn't lower pricing and get decent reimbursement !!! I know this isn't EU territory but what is the latest partner pushing the program over there to say....hey I know its 50K here and 10K there but you save a plane ride ?
As far as numbers to be treated....we heard the same stuff on cardiac.
Okyanos did so well...that's why they sold, right ?
If this helps a few then great but it will be out of reach for most.

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 13:12 #10166

• waddlingwillbologni
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
How about the FDA's personal opinion of Cytori:

1) Wait a second, this company encouraging unapproved therapies and profits in the Bahamas is the same company begging for our approvals here in the states? Isn't that like selling unapproved, packaged snacks in a slum bodega and expecting Whole Foods to get behind it?

2) Are these the same dimwits who cut their nose off to spite their face by suing us?

3) Lololololol

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 13:27 #10167

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

waddlingwillbologni wrote: How about the FDA's personal opinion of Cytori:

"1) wait a second, this company encouraging unapproved therapies and profits in the Bahamas is the same company begging for our approvals here in the states? isn't that like selling unapproved packaged snacks in a slum bodega and expecting Whole Foods to get behind it?

2) are these the same dimwits who cut their nose off to spite their face by suing us?

3) lololololol"

Does not need approval in the Bahamas plus CYTX has been part of the Okyanos venture for years!

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 13:30 #10168

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
"1) wait a second, this company encouraging unapproved therapies and profits in the Bahamas is the same company begging for our approvals here in the states? isn't that like selling unapproved packaged snacks in a slum bodega and expecting Whole Foods to get behind it?"

At least it is outside the jurisdiction of the FDA but the idea of a little incompetent company like Cytori suing the FDA deserves thousands of LOLs.

What ever happened to MyTomorrows - the replacement MAP after the first one failed?

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 13:32 #10169

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I thought about that too wadd.
Given the rights offering pricing news BEFORE any deal could be struck on scleroderma says to me that such a deal could not be reached and they have no cash to pursue a new trial anyway so they just don't care about such concerns.
So far, there has been absolutely nothing to show that things are turning for the better....just stall tactics.

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 13:40 #10170

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Wall Street Titan wrote: "1) wait a second, this company encouraging unapproved therapies and profits in the Bahamas is the same company begging for our approvals here in the states? isn't that like selling unapproved packaged snacks in a slum bodega and expecting Whole Foods to get behind it?"

At least it is outside the jurisdiction of the FDA but the idea of a little incompetent company like Cytori suing the FDA deserves thousands of LOLs.

What ever happened to MyTomorrows - the replacement MAP after the first one failed?

CYTX sued for illegal use ONLY within the US!

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 13:42 #10171

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

myownhedgefund wrote: I thought about that too wadd.
Given the rights offering pricing news BEFORE any deal could be struck on scleroderma says to me that such a deal could not be reached and they have no cash to pursue a new trial anyway so they just don't care about such concerns.
So far, there has been absolutely nothing to show that things are turning for the better....just stall tactics.

Until the Rights Offering takes place, the pricing can be changed!

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 13:55 #10172

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Someone is woefully uninformed. Cytori never sued the FDA about illegal use within the U.S. Cytori sued the FDA about 510(k) designation of its product... and lost just like the seem to lose at just about everything.

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 14:04 #10173

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Correct WST.
Also love the grasp of RO pricing changes.
All well....I am kinda excited to hear the next call....the spin can get quite entertaining at times.

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 14:08 #10174

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Wall Street Titan wrote: Someone is woefully uninformed. Cytori never sued the FDA about illegal use within the U.S. Cytori sued the FDA about 510(k) designation of its product... and lost just like the seem to lose at just about everything.

I stand corrected re the suit, but your bringing it up in an earlier post has no relevance at all to the discussion at hand!

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 14:17 #10175

• waddlingwillbologni
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
"... the spin can get quite entertaining at times. "

Once you can put together that that is what this is -- a drawn out, manipulative web of lies which has literally cost people hundreds of millions of their dollars, much of which went into the pockets of egotistical wise guys, frauds who just couldn't get enough and call it quits, but just kept screwing people, and screwing people, and screwing people -- the Dateline episode will become a bore. You'll know exactly what happened and why.

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 14:43 #10176

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Wrong Again R.S.! I did NOT bring up the FDA lawsuit but I would suggest that it is relevant as yet another example in the long string of incompetent decisions and failures that bring to mind thoughts on the definition of INSANITY.

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 14:49 #10177

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedge,

The only thing worse than not knowing something is believing you do when you are actually clueless.... then sharing that knowledge like you are an expert.

Okyanos Scleroderma article now online 05 Oct 2017 15:45 #10179

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Wall Street Titan wrote: Wrong Again R.S.! I did NOT bring up the FDA lawsuit but I would suggest that it is relevant as yet another example in the long string of incompetent decisions and failures that bring to mind thoughts on the definition of INSANITY.

This time you must stand corrected as in your post 10170 you said that "the idea of a little incompetent company like CYTX suing the FDA". Don't bother to apologize!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites