• Page:

TOPIC: STYLE adds more study centers

STYLE adds more study centers 21 Jan 2016 06:21 #6068

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115

01/21/2016
SAN DIEGO & TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CYTX) announced today that its licensee Kerastem Technologies, LLC, has expanded STYLE, its US phase II clinical trial investigating early stage female and male pattern hair loss. In this expansion, Kerastem has added new trial sites in New York and New Jersey to complement the currently enrolling sites in Los Angeles and Miami.

“Kerastem is dedicated to bringing Cytori technology to market for men and women with alopecia,” said Dr. Marc H. Hedrick, President & CEO of Cytori. “The Kerastem team has assembled an excellent clinical team. If this trial is successful, we believe the Kerastem/Cytori partnership could provide effective treatment for people dealing with hair loss and create a significant new revenue source for Cytori, creating value for our stockholders.”

STYLE is a phase II randomized, blinded, and controlled investigation of Kerastem therapy in early stage female and male pattern baldness. STYLE is approved to enroll up to 70 patients at up to eight (8) centers within the United States.

Outside of the United States, Kerastem is actively involved in market development, with Kerastem therapy currently being offered at a number of clinics in Europe & Japan.

To learn more about Kerastem or the STYLE Clinical Trial, please visit www.kerastem.com or clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02503852?term=Kerastem&rank=1

The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

STYLE adds more study centers 21 Jan 2016 07:44 #6069

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
Is this me, or do you also have this feeling that this announcement is hardly worth the trouble of announcing and is more a sign of being desperate, whilst nothing better can be reported???... :whistle: :KO:

Anyway- yes Hedrick is right- KeraStem has a good team- of which Eric Daniels(image)- the Science VP is certainly a heavy-weight. Eric is one of few people who left Cytori on his own account (i.e. not being fired because of reorg # x) and decided that management of Cytori wasnt capable enough to do the job.(a the time- early 2011)

anyway- the tech is already offered by Kai-Uwe Schlaudraff at The Concept Clinic in Geneva and at the well-known Japanese cosmetic Seishin chain.
Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

STYLE adds more study centers 21 Jan 2016 08:11 #6071

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
FAS, this is good news. Kerastem (a part of Bimini ?) will help CYTX sales numbers.

They are moving fast.

The Crohn's indication is also good.

Lorem is too silent.

Now, turning to OA. I think it should work there. But, based on Okyanos' experiences, it appears that the injection fluid (from the Celution system) may need "thickening" to allow the cells to stick to the underlying/local tissues (a paste is better than a more liquid medium), so that the healing maybe more durable. Is there any truth to this? I think the concept of a thicker injection medium for a durable local effect applies both to OA and thermal burn, while a lighter medium is better for scleroderma, Crohn's, cardio and many other indications. In the case for scleroderma, a ligher medium would allow the healing cells traversing to other parts of the body (where the cells are needed).

From the way that I can see, CTX2 maybe developed for indications such as thermal burn and other localized treatments and it may not replace Celution 800 for many other treatments. For both machines, they are still better than cells harvest from cell cultures as the cell potency would be lost due to delay and lost due to a change in environment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites