• Page:

TOPIC: Patsy´s testimonial on Okyanos treatment

Patsy´s testimonial on Okyanos treatment 28 Oct 2015 08:48 #5352

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110

Published on Oct 27, 2015
Patsy came to Okyanos with a diagnosis of congestive heart failure (CHF), an ejection fraction of 19% and very low functional capacity. Now one year after undergoing cardiac cell therapy, she has returned to work and resumed her normal day-to-day activities and her ejection fraction has been restored to 32%.

It works... I think the ATHENA data coming out within two weeks from now, will show that also.. :nice:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DOV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Patsy´s testimonial on Okyanos treatment 28 Oct 2015 10:30 #5353

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
There is a Seeking Alpha article today about various treatments for OA. This is what was written about Cytori. I do not understand where the author gets info for the last sentence. Everything I have read shows stem cell therapies of all types show some level of promise. We are hoping that Cytori's cell population works far better than the others.To reply to the author, one must jump through hoops.

Cytori has Cytori Cell Therapy, an autologous adipose based cell therapy. The procedure involves liposuction under local anesthesia. The Lipoaspirate is processed to isolate and concentrate adipose-derived regenerative cells (ADRC). After isolation, autologous ADRC suspension is injected into the knee joint. As described, like the two above, it is also an intra-articular injection. The Phase II trial was initiated in 2015 and data will be available in 2016. Based on that data, further development will be detailed. The Phase II trial detail in clinicaltrial.gov suggests it to be mainly an analgesic, though MRI is a secondary endpoint. A lot of hurdles need to be jumped through - including manufacture, scale up, dosing, etc. Without even the Phase II data, it is hard to assess this compound. It should be noted that previous attempts with stem cell therapy in OA have not been successful.

Patsy´s testimonial on Okyanos treatment 28 Oct 2015 11:07 #5354

• fas
I do not know if all failed-

Condition: Osteoarthritis and Intervention: cells as search at clinicaltrials.gov gives 77 results worldwide... thereof 18 in the US past and present.

We know from Centeno and the Czech outfit that it works with the cells they use :whistle:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Patsy´s testimonial on Okyanos treatment 28 Oct 2015 13:10 #5355

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Maybe some know this already but ATHENA data will be released with the upcoming conference call and will not be presented at the AHA meeting.

Patsy´s testimonial on Okyanos treatment 28 Oct 2015 13:21 #5356

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
No surprise another failure by Cytori. They gave up on Athena and cardiac long ago when our downward spiral death dive began. Another change in direction and new strategy surely will be announced during next call. How's that new cellution maction coming, any more then one employee at the deesdale facility or are they still baking cookies. Think there will me any mention of Okyanos during this call, they have been ignored the last few calls. Maybe Barda sent us a few shekels, doubt it. Japan revenues, nill, where is Lorem Vasvular gues KT bailed too. :evil: :puke: :bang: :bash: :cry:

Patsy´s testimonial on Okyanos treatment 28 Oct 2015 14:15 #5359

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
WST

Not even a poster presentation ?
I thought this is why we waited so long for the data release....it was to be presented at a appropriate seminar. :bash:

Was it rejected for presentation ?

Patsy´s testimonial on Okyanos treatment 28 Oct 2015 16:16 #5360

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Hedge,

I'm not exactly clear why, but it did not make it into the conference. I think it was a late entrant in a crowded field and I'm not clear on the role of the PI the process but we will see Athena data with the earning release as far as I know. Hopefully we see the same results as Patsy although with the early termination of the trial my expectations are low.

Patsy´s testimonial on Okyanos treatment 28 Oct 2015 16:31 #5362

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks WST

Yes, I am not expecting much from ATHENA either.

As far as the Patsy story....that result sure seems a lot better than what we have heard from our very limited trial data to date. I am very happy for her...quite a improvement. Better delivery technique or something else ?

Patsy´s testimonial on Okyanos treatment 31 Oct 2015 11:49 #5375

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, I was expecting the Athena data to be very similar to the Precise data. After all, the only differences were 28 patients instead of 27 and a slightly different ratio of treated versus placebo. When Precise was announced at the AHA in Chicago in 2010, there was an applause from the audience, but the stock didn't do anything. I was expecting the same reaction from the Athena data presentation.

I can't imagine it was a strategic decision not to send the data to the AHA (unless the data was vastly worse than Precise). My guess is Cytori was just incompetent and waited too long to submit the data. Now it is even less likely that a big pharma will come knocking on our door with a check to reignite the Athena trial. Still, I am looking forward to the results. After all, it took 100 million shares to get them.

Perhaps we will learn why John D. Harris was hired on October 1st. Are we any closer to commercialization of the CTX2? The last comment I remember was that the CTX2 will be ready in time for when we need it to be ready.

Slide 30 states the primary end-point of the Phase II OA trial is pain at 3 months. That date was September 10th for the 94th patient in the trial. That data is not being released, but could be shared under a NDA by Jeremy Hayden with a potential partner. This is the most important event facing the company. It is the only chance the company has to obtain non dilutive capital and fix the balance sheet issue. Let's see if Hedrick spends any time talking about this most important event. Second to that would be an update on the pace of enrollment in the STAR trial with any resulting change in the timelines issued in this presentation. And...drum roll....any revisions to product revenue for the year. Current guidance is $5 to $8 million inclusive of the $5 million contractual obligation from Lorem Vascular. If guidance remains the same I am going to :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

ir.cytori.com/investor-relations/webcasts-and-presentations/presentations/default.aspx

Patsy´s testimonial on Okyanos treatment 31 Oct 2015 21:05 #5376

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
You are the eternal optimist DOV...you keep thinking Cytori is going to act like it has a real management team...LOL :really:

Patsy´s testimonial on Okyanos treatment 01 Nov 2015 07:10 #5377

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
THAT was your takeaway??

Patsy´s testimonial on Okyanos treatment 01 Nov 2015 08:42 #5378

• fas
Common sense tells me that ATHENA results should be more convincing than PRECISE. It simply was a bad luck trial if you look at the demographics-

This is really your typical metabolic syndrome patient population- all around 30 BMI where one is obese. Lots of smokers, suffering from diabetes, hyperlipidemia and all with the usual battery of not so "harmless" pharmaceutics to battle all those symptoms. I probably would have been like them now, if I would have had my MI at home instead of in the catheter theater.

From a MACE perspective- the main criterium endpoint going forward surely- assuming it can be explained by underlying functional improvements, control and treated group is really not comparable. The 10 years age difference is gigantic and definitely distorted MACE results. These folks do not live all that long... unfortunately. :whistle:

Despite that the MACE data at 18 months from the 3 years PRECISE paper looks OK for both groups...

I never understood why you cannot report those numbers for PRECISE for 36 months if you publish a 36 months "update". typical Cytori or simply that comparison was not favorable- but than again it was NOT a Cytori paper but a PI paper and they should have followed their SCIENTIFIC conscience. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anyway- to me -this PRECISE population (although defined as patients suffering from refractory ischemia and not CHF) look very comparable to the MSB CHF population- see table below- for which reason I belive they are comparable. :grin:

Attachments:

Patsy´s testimonial on Okyanos treatment 01 Nov 2015 10:00 #5381

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes DOV, I am afraid that was my take away.

To me, your post mostly dealt with management communication.

Other than we desperately need cash to continue OA application (which we all know)

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.769 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites