Cytori´s Technology- Celution, IP etc etc
  • Page:

TOPIC: TREGS for Astellas

TREGS for Astellas 19 Jun 2013 09:37 #560

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
I discovered a very very interesting paper on the regulatory processes in the EU -at least for the extend that those rules are valid at present (and not will be changed since there is still some "work in progress" in cell therapy regulations)

I will be writing a blog article on the subject in the next couple of days, but I am "suffering" from the heat right now- almost 100 F over here in Central Europe and am kind of lamed by the heat and just keeping a low profile. :yep:

Was doing some research though too and passed the Miltenyi site in the course of doing that-

was amazed in seeing all that stuff about CD4+CD25+ TREGS cells- the FOXP3+ cells which was the key of my HARDCORE article.
Link to Miltenyi data
They have machines that help you multiply them cells even. Since fat is the richest source of these cells, I think that would be the major reason why Astellas has a high interest in Cytori, since their core business is (organ) transplantation .

Just a paper which is the first one which you saw on the site of Miltenyi-
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

TREGS for Astellas 19 Jun 2013 18:07 #561

• Joncon63
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I am curious why we allow Astellas to keep its observatory seat on BOD after the option expired. Pony up for another option or pony up big time for a partnership.

TREGS for Astellas 19 Jun 2013 23:17 #562

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
Joncon

I have thought the same and came to 2 conclusions

1. Talks are on going.
2. They have little choice in the matter...besides the nature of the seat may change should a deal be struck.

Curious what others have to offer on the matter. :write:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63

TREGS for Astellas 20 Jun 2013 05:42 #563

• fas
I personally think the Board seat with observer statues, is largely irrelevant from the liver option, but more geared towards the future, where I believe they both realize will partner at a certain point in time when certain conditions are met.

Some folks who should know, tells me the relationship dates back to 2005, but Cytori opted for Olympus as partner instead of Astellas than. Probably another mistake of management.
I still believe a future deal will be rather comprehensive and will cover a multitude of disorders (which CC has also publicly indicated in the past) and will be mainly on the next phase in app development- cells plus something.

I still believe the unknown Company which triggered this ad was Astellas-

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

TREGS for Astellas 20 Jun 2013 08:48 #564

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas

Do you think the vote in Japan on the 27th may be one of those conditions ?

TREGS for Astellas 20 Jun 2013 11:49 #566

• fas

Do you think the vote in Japan on the 27th may be one of those conditions ?

No -not really- that will come sooner or later. Hopefully sooner.

I have had the feeling for a while that they had to dispose of some non-core assets first in the DM type 2 arena before closing a deal with Cytori on metabolic and autoimmune conditions, since that would drop the market value of those assets.

Maybe I way off- I do not know- it definitely would have been better fro Cytori to close with another partner first to kind of set the tone on pricing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: myownhedgefund, d9dozrman

TREGS for Astellas 20 Jun 2013 13:11 #567

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Fas, conjecture continued .......... hopefully you are right about EESCN and also that Astellas has been looking to offload DM type 2 assets before jumping fully into the ADRC team..

If this is the case, then they KNOW that the existing accretive medical paradigm is doomed. Hopefully the shareholders will get the appropriate compensation for sharing this platform. I can only hope that once committed our joint venture partner will recognize the urgency and opportunity of being the first mover in this field. Unfortunately our existing management team appear have taken every wrong fork in the decision tree path to ........ success?????? :bash:

TREGS for Astellas 20 Jun 2013 13:41 #568

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Here is the link for Astellas type 2 DM asset sale:

www.rttnews.com/1656999/astellas-sells-patent-estate-and-royalty-of-diabetes-inhibitors-for-609-mln.aspx

Looks like they also are looking to sell their Dermatology assets:

www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/18/us-astellas-sale-idUSBRE95H11U20130618

TREGS for Astellas 20 Jun 2013 16:56 #569

• fas

Here is the link for Astellas type 2 DM asset sale:

Hedge- yes- I knew about that one- kind of first stage I figured- step 2 has not followed on the compounds in development from an acquisition.

The dermatology thing makes sense.... :cool:

TREGS for Astellas 21 Jun 2013 05:41 #570

• fas
As the article also states- "breaking up the businesses" , might be the Astellas way to prepare for their strategic direction- so slide froma my "Astellas article on the site-

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.803 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites