The Company
  • Page:

TOPIC: Insider stock buying

Insider stock buying 11 Nov 2014 11:43 #2639

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Of course, it is interesting to take note of the fact that to date, no insider buying has occurred.

The window of opportunity for Directors and rule 16 employees to buy shares are normally from 2 work days after the release of financial statements (Nov 11 i.e. today in our case) to two weeks before quarter end (Dec 31), which would be approx. December 17.

Unless of course, those folks have insider knowledge of events that could have a material impact on the PPS- like being in negotiation for a partner deal. In those cases purchases of shares would be a criminal act.

We will see- there are plenty of interesting events in November like-

1- the most probable release of ADVANCE data at AHA
2- publication of the Cugat paper on ACL
3- same thing for the Magalon study -SCLERADEC I
4- signing of the Japanese regenerative medicine law on November 25

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Insider stock buying 11 Nov 2014 15:24 #2640

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 102
fas

If you visit the company's events section, they also list participation in two meetings this week: one in Hainan Island, China (near to Singapore and Malaysia) and one in the Netherlands.

Insider stock buying 12 Nov 2014 06:56 #2645

• fas
Thanks-

The Chinese meeting had David Oxley appropriately as the Cytori speaker. David however-as we know- is no longer with Cytori. Small anecdote: apparently David was once sitting in an Australian bar and talked about this beautiful device that his Company developed and nobody wanted to have. The bar visitor he was talking to was KT Lim.

At IFATS (in Amsterdam- which I will NOT visit) - Zeni Alfonso (scientist at Cytori) will be presenting a paper. Nothing special really.

The AHA scientific sessions in Chicago are quite interesting though.

This what Marc Hedrick said as per the transcript:

Finally, just to tie up the cardiovascular program, advanced data will be presented in post reform at the forthcoming American Heart Association meeting by the PI doctors.

advanced data must be ADVANCE data of course... :grin:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Insider stock buying 12 Nov 2014 08:03 #2646

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Oxley and Arms left quite suddenly during the reorganization. Arms left during the establishment of the Deeside manufacturing site and EU HQ. Oxley left soon after he was appointed general manager for China.

In the case of Oxley, I think K T Lim may have some good use of the man. Oxley, according to DOV, is the man gets Lorem and CYTX together in the first place. K T Lim could have appointed him head of Lorem USA. If he is now working for Lorem, Oxley can still present the Celution systems and applications in China this week. Otherwise, Dr. Kesten should be a good replacement for Oxley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackisle

Insider stock buying 12 Nov 2014 09:33 #2649

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
That was some expensive drinking for Lim...LOL

However, Oxley was correct that no one wants Celution as we have seen in years of horrible sales.

If it was purely price...that is changing....if not...we are toast ! :cry:

Insider stock buying 12 Nov 2014 11:55 #2651

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
It is always hard to launch a new product. I am not a salesman, but let us see why the older Celutiion was not selling well?

I think the Celution system enables a very practical way to deliver a mix of CD 31 and other autologous cells for the treatment of a great variety of illnesses, without much cell death (due to short processing time). I worked with a similar device before for blood processing when I was associate medical director at the E I DuPont Company.

Celution should be great in selective breast construction (probably not for bilateral massive replacement but for limited single site usage). But, the use in cancer patients maybe controversial, because in cancer patients cancer cells and healthy cells may coexist. The use of autologous tissue samples should be cleared first through careful histology. This is really the view of the British Plastic Surgery association. However for limited focal treatments, the cost of the basic device and reagents are too high. So the new CTXs should help to resolve some of the issues.

The use of the Celution systems for cardiac uses has its limitations. The procedure and the nature of the patient population are major hurdles for wide spread use. The procedure is very complicated and it requires very careful cardiac mapping for guidance in multi site injections. You really need a specialized clinic like Okyanos to do the treatment. The EU multicenter cardiac trials stopped for a variety of reasons in my opinion: cost, unavailability of suitable clinics and physicians, complicated multi national FDA regs, competition of patient availability in EU while other big pharmas were conducting stem cells cardiac trials (hundreds of patients, while PIs were paid more than ten thousand dollars per patients)...

From hindsight, Calhoun and Saad failed because of overspending (betting on financing from a big pharma like Astellas) and wrong clinical strategy (the US cardiac trials leading to FDA approval could cost $ 100 to $ 200 M).

I think Hedrick-Tiago-Kesten-Ken are now in the right direction to relaunch the new CYTX. Look at Neoprobe, the company reborn with just one simple niche project. Amgen started with 10 projects and all failed, except just one.

By the way, what did Rickey say?

Insider stock buying 12 Nov 2014 13:25 #2653

• fas
Franshei-

On Celution- there have been some studies comparing Celution with competitive equipment. The differences are substantial, but I think that is not the issue so much as long as there is no consensus in the scientific community as the ideal mix of cells is, relative to cost and time to "produce".

Soft tissue enhancement (breast augmentation or reconstruction) I think at this point in time, we can conclude was "ein Griff ins Klo"- i.e. German for one of many misconceptions and visions of the former management INCLUDING Marc Hedrick. Reasons too many to explain, but mainly cost related or simply "OVERKILL".

The infamous 15 injections guided by NOGA for cardiac is another "Griff ins Klo" and also an "OVERKILL" endangering the patients the like of the ones treated in ATHENA- meaning using Biohearts Myostar to carry the cells to spots guided by NOGA.

I fired a question to Matt tonight on the delivery method at Okyanos and his response was clear and concise:

We are using the c-cath from Cardio3. Biocardia's Helix is also a great alternative. Depending on how the Juventas side by side trials comparing Helix to Retrograde delivery goes we may even do the latter as that is by far the safest.

Insider stock buying 12 Nov 2014 13:35 #2654

• fas
To be somewhat more concise on what I already explained elsewhere....

The c-cath of cardio 3 is retrograde. The Helix catheter is doing things a bit different apparently but I presume- this is regional delivery also.

NOGA and Myostar were clearly the last category...

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman, keysman

Insider stock buying 12 Nov 2014 15:07 #2658

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas...understand about the different delivery points but not sure how this relates to the Cytori consumable kit they selling for the cardiology application. I assummed, perhaps incorrectly, the delivery cath was included in the consumable kit.

Insider stock buying 12 Nov 2014 15:36 #2659

• fas
Thanks Hedge for being so open. I do appreciate that, since it AGAIN reinforces what I have assumed a long time.

Most investors and analysts alike have little idea or knowledge about the technology and need to be "educated" in which Cytori really has done a lousy job. Hopefully I can limit the damage somewhat with my page.

Anyway- to answer your question.

No. The consumable kit is/are basically only the enzyme(s) used to get the cells out of the tissue through the automated Celution process and lets say - at the end stage put them all in an injection needle free of all waste and "treated" in a way that they cannot clog in veins or do any harm to a patient.

So you have them in a vacuum needle and need to put them somewhere into a patients body.

That where the "delivery process" becomes a theme of discussion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: myownhedgefund, d9dozrman

Insider stock buying 12 Nov 2014 15:56 #2660

• fas
Just a little addition...

The slide with "localized distribution" shows the Cytori process really in ATHENA and PRECISE.

i.e. using the NOGA machine to discover the weak points in the myocardium and delivering cells to those spots guided by NOGA.

The alternative thereto unfortunately is only open heart surgery i.e. visible contact by the operating surgeon. Even the first cohort in the ASTM clinic had a laparoscopic delivery. (Incisions with access to the heart)

Thats what they been doing in Germany a lot- i.e. Milteyini has conducted trials laying by-passes in the heart etc with and without the addition of marrow cells whilst the surgeons have a "clean" look at the ailing heart.

Lets say- NOGA "was" a lot less invasive, but appears still too "invasive" if you like. :whistle:

Insider stock buying 12 Nov 2014 16:48 #2662

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Appreciate the further detail Fas.
I guess that since in dealing with the cardiology app we (most investors) only have the trials to judge the assumption on MY part came from what was being used there. Investors and analyst aside, finding on how to use the tech "properly" for so long has had to be a additional drag.

Just to further clarify so everyone knows....switching from localized distribution in which direct injections were made into the effected tissue....the regional approach allows the stem cells to freely flow through a vessel above the effected ischemic area and depositing as they pass by. I guess the question will be how deeply they can penatrate this way but obviously much safer.
Feel free to correct again as needed Fas !

Given coming data is on "localized" distribution...isnt this going to effect selling a potential partner when a safer method with unknown studied efficacy being used by practioners in the field is the "regional" pathway. ???

Insider stock buying 13 Nov 2014 05:32 #2665

• fas

Given coming data is on "localized" distribution...isnt this going to effect selling a potential partner when a safer method with unknown studied efficacy being used by practitioners in the field is the "regional" pathway. ???

Do not know if this will have an impact. To me NOGA and its x hours hoisting is unpractical and probably a waste of time.

By the time the ATHENA data will be coming we will surely hear a bit more from Okyanos and we will be covering the outcomes of several trials. In particular we will review the SDF-1/CXCR4 axis in cardiac cell therapy, where the mobility of cells and effectiveness of cell therapy can be guided to some extent.

This thread labelled "insider stock buying" is pretty much out-of-line topic wise. :whistle:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.749 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites