• Page:

TOPIC: Excellent information stacked Call

Excellent information stacked Call 07 Nov 2014 06:07 #2615

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
sigh.. :really:

Too bad that the management changes took so long to be realized. As probably a shareholder who had Marc Hedrick always extremely low on his list of performers at Cytori in the past, he has risen mightely in the standings that I have.

I slept last night during the call and was certainly not in a hurry to listen to it in the morning.

Actually I started to listen at noon and continued listening while my lunch was getting cold. I was that fascinated. :whistle: :KO:

Anyway- I will put some stuff together of which I took small notes, but there was so much that it was difficult to "grab" it all.

I think we have the future pathway covered pretty well , except for the money aspect of course.

Just need some more info on the past and put it all together. :winky: :grin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Excellent information stacked Call 07 Nov 2014 06:38 #2616

• fas
Some important tidbits that are fresh on my mind-

1. Eric Duckers will present ADVANCE data at the next AHA meeting- have to look when that is, but could be this month still.

2.The OA clinic is not replacing scleroderma, but is an addition to that app which is being discussed with the FDA, to get their requirements. Was nice to hear Kesten explain that at the end of the call.

3. OA two doses with a placebo group at15 clinics and 90 patients costing around 3,5 to 4 Mio. Reasonable for the potential.

4. Cugat will present this month and paper issues (I believe I heard) on ACL mainly on soccer players.

5. The sclerodec II trial- 40 patients-5 centres- with a little financial support (consumables probably) from Cytori worth 0,5 Mio.

6. They hired a part time experienced Regen Business Development person- Kiko Shibabxxxxxx or something like that, who takes a changed- pro-active approach in seeking partnerships.

7. In Japan there will be some "medical Tourist Centres" coming- Osaka and at some airport, where also Celution based procedures will be offered.

8. In discussion with BARDA to accelerate the development of the CTX machine, which than will require additional funding. Any cardiac new trial will be with the CTX machine. OA with 800CRS. Anything starting in Japan (SUI) too for the time being.

9. ATHENA data than in Q1 2015 after unblinding (last patient will be at 6 month in November)

10. CTX sounds very flexible with the large volume range from small to large. More cells output per cm³ tissue harvest and everything coming out faster. This will greatly improve competitiveness in many fields including cosmetic in view of the low price.

11. cash burn should be below 2 Mio a month (September was 1.8). 1.75 I hear is the goal.

The rest will be coming after having reviewed the transcript, in case that has not been scrapped for cost reasons ...lol :grin:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rongside, d9dozrman

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Excellent information stacked Call 07 Nov 2014 06:49 #2617

• fas
The most important learning from this call really is that Cytori- i.e the Board and Hedrick finally admit and say what I have been saying and writing for SEVEN YEARS now, that Cytori is a clinical development Company and NO COMMERCIAL company.

They need clinical data and approvals followed by reimbursement OK´s from health authorities before that COMMERCIAL phase begins.

Thanks to the former bird brains at Cytori, who never understood that simple difference and brought Cytori on the edge of bankruptcy and at this PPS.

The danger is not banned- by no means- but realization is the first step of a remedy process. Hopefully it will be successful. :really:

No surprise that - 50% of cost savings comes from cutting selling expense and the remainder mainly from General and Admin.

Excellent information stacked Call 07 Nov 2014 09:11 #2619

• fas
On the first point of the list- ADVANCE...

The Scientific Sessions are from November 15 to 19 in Chicago. In the past Perin and Duckers used to present there, so there is a good chance than this venue is selected.

We will know soon :yep:

Excellent information stacked Call 07 Nov 2014 12:02 #2621

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Fas, a great call.

Not because the news was excellent but because at last they appear to recognise their mistakes and their limitations. Understanding that you are not as smart as you thought you were is a major hurdle that they appear to have finally(?) overcome. The potential for a huge deal was always there but they were full of themselves ........... now they are not. :joy:

Many positive points

1. Akiko Shibata - Looks interesting, a native Japanese speaker. Perhaps a deal is still possible after regulatory clarity arrives.
www.linkedin.com/pub/akiko-shibata/5/a37/606

2. CYTX don't promise that the FDA will provide easier trial process for Scleroderma, but allude to its being a possibility. It is one of those low risk high value situations that the FDA could and should utilise. It gives them the ability to be proactive in regenerative medicine (+PR). This is a true orphan indication with huge implications downstream if successful eg. treating systemic scleroderma and Rhematoid Arthritis etc. Helping in the development of a product that will wipe out all the kitchen sink operators who do not comply with cGMP regulations should also be at the front of their minds.

SCLEREDAC II in France is very positive. If I was CYTX I would be trying to persuade the FDA to run a similar trial in the USA concurrently which would act as a confirmatory trial. Two international multicenter trials, which while not large, may jointly and severally be sufficiently powered to give sufficient data for approval (reimbursement?) could be a game changer ........ also this is an indication that can give relatively quick results/data.

3. OA does not appear to be too expensive a trial to conduct, or so they say. This I am not too sure about. If they cando it as they say, then the cost benefit would definitely warrant that they go for it. As for your earlier comment about their should have done it in 2006/2007 I can only say, better late than never. As for animal studies being the basis for this trial commencing I have to say that I was always intrigued by the huge volume of succesfully treated animals (anecdotal) and wondered why it had not been attempted in humans ???

they really F#@k%d U& on that one.

4. CTX2 could be a game changer. Lets hope that BARDA appreciates that a little bit of extra development money will be well utilised in a product that can have profound benefits to civilians, soldiers and patients globally. This device will finally make the aesthetics market potentially viable ............. and that could be huge! :nice:

5. They plan to publish the data from the basic BARDA research. This will provide validation proof of efficacy ........ and may provide data supporting systemic use in case of nuclear accident/event.

6. If Cougat data is good and he endorses the procedure for use by professional athletes then you can be sure that the publicity will be huge.

7. Okyanos is up and running ........ we should be getting data from them. They will not be alone for long, Malaysia, Singapore and Australia will slowly but surely contribute over time.

All in all it was a good CC, maybe because CC wasn't there. They are serious about costs, focused in their choice of studies to be undertaken, and they now appear(?) to be serious about partnering. There is no justification for a share price of less than one dollar .......... in fact the shareprice for this company is cheap even at 5. The market cap at USD 35M is ridiculous for this company. It was bad management decisions that brought us here. To have allowed so much dilution for such a small amount of capital is something that THIS management will have to work very hard to overcome ........ they appear to be on the right road......... we shall see ........ :yep:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Excellent information stacked Call 07 Nov 2014 13:13 #2622

• fas
Agree John

The last statement before the Q&A sounded like this realization you are referring to in respect of recognising mistakes et al and of course also the very first lines in the prepared statement.

As you say- the potential in the Company is still there- and being smarter by learning from your mistakes is always beneficial. :grin:

As for your earlier comment about their should have done it in 2006/2007 I can only say, better late than never. As for animal studies being the basis for this trial commencing I have to say that I was always intrigued by the huge volume of succesfully treated animals (anecdotal) and wondered why it had not been attempted in humans ???

Yes- of course- better late than never, but what a waste of time and money.... incredible. We lost - from 2007- 5-6 years of development?????

Waste... bad management.... being the first and now still being a force only because of the IP and probably (ironically) because of the good standing with the FDA. :KO:

In 2007-2010 Neil Riordan, Thomas Ichim, Bob Harman (CEO of Vetstem) were my teachers in respect fat cell tech and OA was the most obvious application which worked not only in dogs and horses, but also in humans as we know from Centeno, Koreans and many Europeans.

It makes me sick to my stomach to realize all the waste and still knowing one was right... :cry: :cry:

This depresses me tremendously.

Excellent information stacked Call 07 Nov 2014 13:48 #2623

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Akiko Shibata, perhaps our ace in the hole? :winky: A Japanese partner would go a long way in righting this listing ship. :KO:

d9

Excellent information stacked Call 08 Nov 2014 01:05 #2624

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Market seemed MORE focused on the fact that we need tens of millions in additional capital and how that may / will effect existing shareholders.

Excellent information stacked Call 08 Nov 2014 09:37 #2625

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Hedge,

Is there any funding scenario that you see as being possible that will not totally wipe out us old timers. ?

Roth/Maxim have clauses in the funding agreement that ensure they are entitled for the next 18 months to 50% of any capital raising on the same terms offered to the other party. They have also prohibited any death spiral financing (could MH be so stupid as to undertake one?). :bash: They are clearly playing us and have every intention of continuing to do so.

I understand that the latest financing deal is subject to shareholder approval. How does this work? Is it conceivable that in the interim a funding source could be found that would negate the need for the Roth/Maxim funding????? Obviously I am clutching at straws. :KO:

Olympus and Astellas both paid a premium to play with us. Is this impossible to be repeated? I assume any optimal solution will entail some form of partnership deal.

Is it not reasonable to assume that the players will want to see the price higher (hopefully soon) so as to short/range trade from a higher level .............. or God Forbid, enjoy a rally by being net long.

Any ideas ???????

Excellent information stacked Call 08 Nov 2014 14:50 #2626

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Totally wiped out ? No...just 98% LOL

As far as the wording in the latest disastrous financing ...pure control... knowing what a destroyed company looks like they imposed the harshest terms possible.

Plan seems to be 31 cardiac patients will unlock a partnership and we have a new part time employee to assist in the matter.
In the mean time they will again work with our debt holders and of course sell more stock at some point.

Some focus on the science parts of the call while I focused on the money. Until the money is solved the science really matters only to those picking up the pieces in a bankruptcy. So where does Cytori get 75 million for the next 3 years ? Answer that and you will know what scrapes both you and I will own of this company.

Excellent information stacked Call 10 Nov 2014 11:52 #2629

• fas
John-

I have not spoken with anybody on the topic you are addressing, but if the bulk of the funding still requires shareholder approval AND the shareholders "pre-Maxim/Roth" care and oppose than

in my mind they should have start organising themselves already ages ago and provide "alternative" funding through a rights issue, which would benefit the "old shareholders".

However also in my mind this is already too late, since the "new" shareholders seem to be able to vote too since no date has been determined which counts for this approval vote.

Anyway- anybody can buy at the better price now than Sabby & Co did. They clearly only have the advantage of the warrants at present.

The "old hands" lost and several questions can be raised in respect of the "wisdom" of management and board in the past several months.

Voting them out is probably impossible too under the present ownership conditions... :cry:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites