The Company
  • Page:

TOPIC: Another one of those messages urging CYTX ownership

Another one of those messages urging CYTX ownership 22 Jun 2018 11:38 #11966

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1087
There must have been some early promotion for "ownership" of CYTX shares by Maxim, otherwise all these messages (there was one 1-2 weeks back) would not make sense- i.e there was another one today-

SAN DIEGO, June 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:CYTX) (“Cytori” or the “Company”) today issued a reminder to shareholders that the Record Date of its proposed rights offering is June 26, 2018. To be a shareholder of record, ownership of Cytori stock must occur by market close of June 22, 2018 to account for settlement.

Under the proposed rights offering, Cytori will distribute one non-transferable subscription right for each share of common stock and Series B Convertible Preferred Stock (on an as-if-converted-to-common-stock basis) held on the record date. Each right will entitle the holder to purchase one unit, at a subscription price of $1,000 per unit, consisting of one share of Series C Convertible Preferred Stock with a face value of $1,000 (and immediately convertible into shares of Cytori’s common stock at a conversion price of $2.64 per share) and 200 warrants to purchase Cytori’s common stock with an exercise price of $3.17 per share. The warrants will be exercisable for 30 months after the date of issuance.

The subscription rights are non-transferable and may only be exercised during the anticipated subscription period of Friday, June 29, 2018 through 5:00 PM ET on Friday, July 13, 2018, unless extended by Cytori.

Investors are advised to ensure they own Cytori’s stock as of market close on Friday, June 22, 2018 to be considered a stockholder of record on Tuesday, June 26, 2018, to take into account T+2 settlement timing.

The expected calendar for the rights offering is as follows:

• Friday, June 22, 2018: Ownership Day — in order to be considered a stockholder of record on Tuesday, June 26, 2018, shares should be acquired by this date.

• Tuesday, June 26, 2018: Record Date

• Friday, June 29, 2018: Distribution Date; Subscription Period Begins

• Friday, July 13, 2018: Subscription Period Ends 5:00 PM ET (unless extended at Cytori’s sole discretion)
    Holders who exercise their subscription rights in full will be entitled, if available, to subscribe for additional units that are not purchased by other stockholders, on a pro rata basis and subject to ownership limitations.
  • Cytori has engaged Maxim Group LLC as dealer-manager in the offering. Questions about the rights offering or requests for copies of the preliminary and final prospectuses, when available, may be directed to Maxim Group LLC at 405 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10174, Attention Syndicate Department, or via email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or telephone at (212) 895-3745.

A registration statement relating to these securities has been filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission but has not yet become effective. These securities may not be sold nor may offers to buy be accepted prior to the time the registration statement becomes effective. The rights offering, which is expected to commence following the effectiveness of the registration statement, is being made only by means of a written prospectus. A preliminary prospectus relating to and describing the proposed terms of the rights offering has been filed with the SEC as a part of the registration statement and is available on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1095981/000156459018015100/cytx-s1a_20180605.htm . Copies of the preliminary and final prospectus for the rights offering may be obtained, when available, from Maxim Group LLC, 405 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10174, Attention Syndicate Department, email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or telephone (212) 895-3745.

Anyway- in the presentation accompanying the RO- scleroderma has been dropped to "last" as publication item- maybe we should have a look at the dates again of expected announcement of the results for that reason, before I compare the October 2017 RO presentation to the current one-

Cytori reported completion of enrollment of SCLERADEC II on January 22 2018- meaning that 12 weeks follow-up would be completed at April 16 and 24 weeks at July 9th- however unblinding will occur at the latest data point i.e July 9. I figure that the CRO´s and Hospitaux Marseille will need approx. 3-4 months to accumulate the data, so November will be the most likely time of publication. At least that is before the re-payment schedule i.e January 1 2019 of the Oxford loan has to commence, so there is some breathing room I suppose.:whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Another one of those messages urging CYTX ownership 22 Jun 2018 11:51 #11967

• rodney.strongg
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 16
    Fas, fairly obvious that the run-up this week was due to buyers wanting to make the deadline today to participate in the RO - perhaps, more Swiss?

Another one of those messages urging CYTX ownership 22 Jun 2018 13:01 #11968

• Wall Street Titan
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 148
    OBVIOUS??? LOL - Not so OBVIOUS today I guess.

Another one of those messages urging CYTX ownership 22 Jun 2018 13:45 #11969

• fas

rodney.strongg wrote: Fas, fairly obvious that the run-up this week was due to buyers wanting to make the deadline today to participate in the RO - perhaps, more Swiss?

Why would the Swiss buy Cytori shares now? It only takes 25.000 shares to sign-up for the whole RO. They already have quite a few more.

In my view - the only incentive they have is to get the PPS down, if they have the ambition the own more- but than again there are the 10% ownership limit rules.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Another one of those messages urging CYTX ownership 22 Jun 2018 14:56 #11970

• Wall Street Titan
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 148
    You nailed it Fas. That is why Cytori designed it this way. Sabby and the Swiss can play their games once again. Back door underwriting designed to look like a rights offering. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Another one of those messages urging CYTX ownership 22 Jun 2018 18:08 #11971

• rodney.strongg
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder

fas wrote:

rodney.strongg wrote: Fas, fairly obvious that the run-up this week was due to buyers wanting to make the deadline today to participate in the RO - perhaps, more Swiss?

Why would the Swiss buy Cytori shares now? It only takes 25.000 shares to sign-up for the whole RO. They already have quite a few more.

I was referring to Swiss or similar type buyers, not necessarily the current Swiss owners - one needs to be very precise on this MB - LOL

PS - what's your explanation for the run-up which just happened to end on d-day.

Another one of those messages urging CYTX ownership 23 Jun 2018 07:15 #11972

• fas

rodney.strongg wrote: PS - what's your explanation for the run-up which just happened to end on d-day.

I do not have explanations nor speculations. In my thinking- present large holders (and investors not Sabby-likes) would sacrifice some shares to get the price down and acquire cheaply afterwards. So I believe that is where the down trend is coming from (and retail folks of course who are fed up)
    On the other side, Maxim surely has been at work already and you have the argumentation that after an erosion of the share price close to 100% (depending where your starting measuring point is), Cytori is rather cheaky, to come up with an 25 Mio RO which is more than double their market cap.

In 2018 we had no news whatsoever (besides the enrollment completions of SCLERADEC II and ADRESU) - I guess some folks (like me also) are thinking that some news HAS TO COME in the period June 26 to July 13th, for Cytori to create some appetite for that cheaky RO, so the PPS might look cheap at present before that period. That might be the positive impact.

We will know soon enough.

Another one of those messages urging CYTX ownership 27 Jun 2018 12:48 #11977

• rodney.strongg
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    Fas, did the yellow card stop HF from posting for a month or has he just pulled a "Franshei"?

• Page:
    Time to create page: 0.092 seconds