• Page:

TOPIC: No wonder why Cytori never speaks of Okyanos

No wonder why Cytori never speaks of Okyanos 22 Feb 2017 09:56 #8897

• rothco619
  • rothco619's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
Looks like Okyanos is about as successful as Cytori when it comes to partnerships

okyanos.com/operational-update-okyanos-thorn-medical/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

No wonder why Cytori never speaks of Okyanos 22 Feb 2017 21:26 #8910

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Interesting. They've gotta be short of cash at this point unless investors are putting up more cash.

No wonder why Cytori never speaks of Okyanos 23 Feb 2017 04:42 #8912

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19

Wall Street Titan wrote: Interesting. They've gotta be short of cash at this point unless investors are putting up more cash.

The current philosophy at CYTX is to go as long as they can in trying to get a partnership before resorting to another significant cash raise - very smart, unlike some other dogs such as ATHX which raise cash before they even need it!

No wonder why Cytori never speaks of Okyanos 23 Feb 2017 11:01 #8913

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I'm guessing Rod that they will go to the Lincoln ATM before a partnership comes around.

No wonder why Cytori never speaks of Okyanos 24 Feb 2017 09:25 #8914

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115

Wall Street Titan wrote: Interesting. They've gotta be short of cash at this point unless investors are putting up more cash.

They are a private Company and you surely do not have a clue how their business is doing.

With all due respect, I see your comment as a very unfriendly unwarranted speculation. Gossip so to speak.

A look at the staff, which page I know they keep very much up-to-date, shows a pretty high staff level - much higher than in the beginning 2,5 years ago. Link- HERE

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

No wonder why Cytori never speaks of Okyanos 24 Feb 2017 09:58 #8917

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

With all due respect, I see your comment as a very unfriendly unwarranted speculation. Gossip so to speak.

With all do respect Fas, I have heard some stuff through sources over the last year and the picture at Okyanos has not been pretty. I once considered investing in Okyanos and I am glad I didn't. You don't need to be a genius to realize that the huge illegal stem cell business in the U.S. has hurt them and the fact that they have also had little impact on Cytori's revenues is another sign. Recall that the basis for Okyanos in the first place was to provide cardiac treatments based on EU approval for a Cytori cell heart treatment that never came. Now an acquirer has backed out. While my post was speculation it is certainly unfair to characterize it as as unfriendly. It was just observational. Not any different than all the speculation that goes on on this board about potential partnerships on the AZAY drug or "key" trading levels that will magically move the share prices to new levels. I wish Okyanos well.

No wonder why Cytori never speaks of Okyanos 24 Feb 2017 10:29 #8918

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
Thanks for your response.

Again, we simply have totally different opinions. I stand by my assessment of your post...gossip and different to other type of speculations on public Companies where goals and financials are published.

The announcement just said- it was decided to terminate the transaction, which either could mean that Thorn backed out as you implied in your post or that the Okyanos shareholders were not happy with the presented terms. It always takes two to tango.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

No wonder why Cytori never speaks of Okyanos 24 Feb 2017 10:36 #8919

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
"The announcement just said- it was decided to terminate the transaction, which either could mean that Thorn backed out as you implied in your post or that the Okyanos shareholders were not happy with the presented terms. It always takes two to tango."

Fas,

Why do you believe the transaction was proposed in the first place and which entity do you suppose was doing more due diligence after the initial signing? I think it's naive to fail to conclude that it is much more likely that Thorn backed out. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, though. Maybe DOV has some insight?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites