• Page:

TOPIC: News soon

News soon 01 Dec 2015 15:10 #5546

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
Well we are at the close on December 1st.
We should soon be hearing that NASDAQ has given us a additional 180 day extension to get the PPS above $1.00 or we will be forced to do a R/S. This, I would think, gives us a short term pop above $0.40 ( again )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

News soon 01 Dec 2015 17:09 #5547

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
IMHO, CYTX has generated a lot of so-called news over the past several months. Yet, all these news releases have not helped to boost the PPS in a meaningful way. Tiago was optimistic before (months into his employment) that with all the PRs, the stock prices should go up to avoid delisting/ or doing a r/s.

I wrote Tiago many months ago that in my observation, regardless how good the news might have been, the stock prices kept on going down and I have been puzzled. (I think Hedrick and crew are doing a good job, but it seems that no one cares.)

My question to all is what is going on ? What should the company do differently now in this wreck ?

News soon 01 Dec 2015 17:27 #5548

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Franshei,

To the extent that warrants are still outstanding, this would create consistent downside pressure on the shares. All the so called investors who participated in the most recent equity rape financings are not, and have never been, in it for the long term. It really sucks to pay underwriters 7% or so only so they can just temporarily sell shares with free warrants to buyers who act as the real distributers of shares. IMHO, the only news that can really make a difference in the next couple of months is stellar Phase II data from knee OA that is followed up, shortly thereafter, with a lucrative partnership with up front cash.There is reason to hope we will get good data but most now will believe it only when they see it. Same thing with a partnership. However, Knee OA is really a great application for this platform, IMHO.

News soon 01 Dec 2015 19:27 #5549

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
franshei

Just because a PR is released doesn't mean it contains real news.
Yesterday a prime example of a PR that some get excited about but to me showed just how far we have to go on many levels with just that one application.
The last conference call another prime example. Remember, its not just what is said but what isn't said. I still rate that call a "D-"

As WST states, finances (how long have I screamed about cash and the cash management) are also killing us. Debt and forced financings with the only ones willing to still give money. All other financial bridges burnt to a crisp !!!! take away the debt and finally have some visibility on the balance sheet and we could float up to a 200 million market cap easily. Throw in decent OA results and a partnership and 400 million doable.
Problem there is everyone know they will or at least should be tapping the ATM then to raise funding to go forward. Otherwise, one can easily see why we trade where we do.

Lets see if we get that extension...it should be almost automatic.
Furthermore, I am not so sure if management would be all that upset with a R/S. Remember, the ATM was based on a dollar amount (40 million ? I believe) not a number of shares or price.
:evil: :cry:

News soon 01 Dec 2015 19:54 #5550

• CalhounDoppelganger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Someone explain to me:

Why can't Hedrick just do what this Martin shkreli did with Kbio? Make a statement of prominence .

"This technology saves lives. We will not allow shares to be loaned for shorting. "

Then reverse split and get the float back under 50 million shares.

I'm tired of doctors trying to be business men. Doctors just aren't shrewd enough

News soon 01 Dec 2015 20:22 #5551

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
2 totally different animals

KBIO has about 4,000,000 shares outstanding...CYTX about 160,000,000. You would need about a 1:35 R/S

Now I don't know the precise details but the KBIO case saw Shkreli buy something like a million shares...25% of the company. Do you see CYTX management doing that. In the CC days he was mostly a seller of shares. When they do BUY stock its small potatoes. 25K shares at $0.40 isn't much in the scheme of things.
Lastly, and more recently Shkeli refused to allow lending of his shares for shorting and encouraged other long holders of the stock to do the same.

News soon 02 Dec 2015 09:25 #5557

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Hedge and WST, as pointed out of FAS and Hedge, there could be other news pending (NASDAQ, CTX2, alopecia initiation, and as DOV mentioned Lorem order fulfilment).

News soon 02 Dec 2015 09:51 #5559

• paul
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
This company has come out with so much news this year, it's amazing that it isn't trading in the $3 - $7 range. I'm more of a medical person, but it seems to me everybody knows that as soon as the share price goes up even a little, there will be another huge dilution, and crippling warrants in the hands unscrupulous high tech criminals. This whole sector has gone through a shift in the last several years with the hedge funds taking all of the profit out of financing by dilution. I think we could all name other companies having similar problems, I'll say STEM. I think that this type of research is going to have to find different methods of finance. What CYTX needs now is an injection of cash that doesn't come from dilution, but another source such as a partnership with up front cash. That would be some real news. Wouldn't want to be short then.

News soon 02 Dec 2015 12:56 #5562

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedrick was talking the need of $ 20 million to support the phase 3 OA trial. He also mentioned there might be another way to fund the study if a big corporate partner is found. I think the alternative funding may come from the California Regenerative Medicine group (exact name ?). I think WST had mentioned this possibility to Hedrick sometime ago, since some changes had been made to their funding policies. CYTX has recently reclassified all their celution indications as individual drugs. I think that by doing so, they may be also to get this type of public funding, as well as facilitating separate corporate partnerships for various indications.

In recent PRs from KOOL, the CEO did mention they had secured $ 20 million from this public funding, provided KOOL would also acquire matching funding elsewhere.

News soon 02 Dec 2015 13:49 #5563

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Mr Hedge, WST and FAS, the following is just my personal opinion and your comments are needed.

1. I think CYTX will rise beyond $1 during the 2016 January effect (just like all the previous years). This could buy time to reset the delisting clock. But, I think the stock price will sink again and the whole listing and delisting cycle may come and go again, depending on overall r/d and financial situation. I think r/s is always an option. If some of the basic problems are not resolved, r/s is not the answer for stabilizing the stock price.

2. Japan and China (i.e., the Asian theatre) are the keys for revenue growth, leading to possible profitability. Harris and Oxley are the key players. Japan used to contribute about 75 % of the company revenue, which was about $ 13 million a year. Shirhama is unable to regrow the Japan market after the tsunami and now Harris has to do some magic. Oxley is the right man for China which can be a difficult market.

3. I think the OA results will be positive, but no big corporate partners will come, But a small partnership will be found and their money together with public funding from California will allow the OA phase 3 to be initiated.

4. I think an EU partner for the scleroderma indication will be found, thanks to Jeremy. Scleroderma US clinicals will be successful.

News soon 02 Dec 2015 14:34 #5565

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Franshei,

KOOL failed to get funding from CIRM even though they just got medicare reimbursement for the trial!!. Read this . I'm not sure what you are referring to regarding me, Marc and the CIRM. Although CIRM is an obvious place to look for funding, it hasn't happened yet and I'm not counting on it. It seems that CIRM isn't found of autologous therapies as I mentioned in the KOOL article.

News soon 02 Dec 2015 19:04 #5570

• CalhounDoppelganger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20

myownhedgefund wrote: 2 totally different animals

KBIO has about 4,000,000 shares outstanding...CYTX about 160,000,000. You would need about a 1:35 R/S

Now I don't know the precise details but the KBIO case saw Shkreli buy something like a million shares...25% of the company. Do you see CYTX management doing that. In the CC days he was mostly a seller of shares. When they do BUY stock its small potatoes. 25K shares at $0.40 isn't much in the scheme of things.
Lastly, and more recently Shkeli refused to allow lending of his shares for shorting and encouraged other long holders of the stock to do the same.

The fact that Hedrick does not encourage longs to not allow their shares to be loaned bothers me. The fact that we can't get this float back under 60 million shares bothers me. Fix those two things and I see funds and pensions plans investing since the stock will be above $5pps

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites