• Page:

TOPIC: Industry Weekly (?) Article on Cytori & Japan

Industry Weekly (?) Article on Cytori & Japan 13 Feb 2015 15:24 #3389

• CalhounDoppelganger
  • CalhounDoppelganger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Industry Weekly (?) Article on Cytori & Japan 13 Feb 2015 16:17 #3392

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Wow... its been quite some time since I saw an article in the media solely devoted to Cytori.... :vegas:

and not a bad one either... :whistle:

So what is "industry weekly" ?

Thanks CCDG - great find! :yep:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Industry Weekly (?) Article on Cytori & Japan 14 Feb 2015 08:45 #3398

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Fas, so true. Remember this titillating article in WIRED? Little did we know back then that CC never had a well thought out plan to get this done. Unbelievable!

Industry Weekly (?) Article on Cytori & Japan 14 Feb 2015 12:25 #3399

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
WST, hard to believe that was only 5 years ago. I thought the Wired article gave legitimacy to the whole concept behind Cytori. In fact, around $5 a share back then, I don't know if it was the quality of the piece or the the beautiful piece on the cover that prompted me to accumulate additional shares. :grin: I still have those shares, now waiting for the "resurrection". :puke:

d9

Industry Weekly (?) Article on Cytori & Japan 14 Feb 2015 12:25 #3400

• fas

Fas, so true. Remember this titillating article in WIRED? Little did we know back then that CC never had a well thought out plan to get this done. Unbelievable!

Yes- that Wired article was quite something. It was published in October 2010 (its also on this site in the "classic media" section).

I remember I got it on a Monday before it went online at Wired. Somebody "claimed" they found the draft in a waiting lounge of an airport and scanned it for me and created a bad quality PDF, which I got than on that Monday. It took all my tech skills to get the article in digital form, but I did beat Wired by two days. :grin: In those days I still had Cytori friends that supported me a lot. Those guys are all gone... :cry:

Anyway- in those days Walter Cruttenden and the late Joe Feshbach (Matt´s brother) provided also support for the stock and came close to ten bucks even in January 2011. A major mistake CC made was suing the FDA. After receiving his answer for the Celution RFD (Request for Designation) in late 2009, he should have worked to get PMA studies going, instead of suing the FDA to get 510K designation.
That was stupid and they were going nowhere. Wrote a book for treating 40 patients on cardiac and thinking you can hook BP on limited data and we know about NICE and tits. :puke:

So much waste yes- and when the stock was at a decent price- nothing was done. :bash:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Industry Weekly (?) Article on Cytori & Japan 14 Feb 2015 13:00 #3401

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Yes Fas, Suing the FDA was only one of many blunders. There are so many:

1) Celution One - Remember this debacle that was to be the next catalyst. Huge mistake. Instead of downsizing the technology they Super sized it. They could have had a low cost desktop version available today.
2) Related to No. 1. The went into the cosmetic market not realizing that an expensive base model wouldn't make it in that private pay market
3) Theyspent so much time on breast reconstruction in Europe without first trying to figure out if they would ever get reimbursement.
4) Spending so much effort and resources in Europe for other approvals, achieving these approvals and yet not getting anything back related to an obscure concept KNOWN as r-e-v-e-n-u-e-s.

I could go on but everyone else here KNOWS the tragic saga.

Industry Weekly (?) Article on Cytori & Japan 14 Feb 2015 22:12 #3404

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
So no $6 in 2015 ? LOL :grin: :really:

Industry Weekly (?) Article on Cytori & Japan 15 Feb 2015 15:02 #3409

• agamemnus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9

myownhedgefund wrote: So no $6 in 2015 ? LOL :grin: :really:

$12. :evil:

Industry Weekly (?) Article on Cytori & Japan 17 Feb 2015 09:15 #3422

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
In typical Cytori form failure = options granted to mangement. Is it ever going to get any better. Can't believe Richardson was awareded options, he does not return phone calls or e-mails, guess keeping shareholders in the dark is doing a good job worthy of options. :puke:

Industry Weekly (?) Article on Cytori & Japan 17 Feb 2015 19:23 #3435

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
Shawn Richardson is a female. FYI

Industry Weekly (?) Article on Cytori & Japan 18 Feb 2015 02:55 #3436

• irrationalexuberance
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Hey Fas,

Longtime shareholder here, since 2009. Been through all the ups and downs, but I won't bore you with all of my broken hopes for Cytori... let's just say that I hope Chris Calhoun and Mark Sadd get some true karma on future investments of their own. :cool:

As you referred to in your post above, high profile investors used to be a huge boost in credibility to this company, and also helped out in rough times before with private placements. So since you mentioned it, do you know if Walter Cruttenden is still holding Cytori shares? Also how about the Feshbach family? Wondering if they still invest in Cytori, or just Okyanos. Are you aware of any other high profile investors that still hold shares, other than our mysterious asian friend K.T. Lim?

One has to assume that if there were high profile investors remaining, they would have stepped in to help provide liquidity or at least connections to it during those dark days in October. With the now customary bi-annual shareholder destruction events, I am assuming that most former large investors have liquidated for a tax loss. Hoping you can argue otherwise.

As for myself I still hold 60,000 shares at a purchase price well above $2. I still believe the technology works, we just need the executives to prove that they are proficient in something other than loosing credibility and spending money. I actually think Marc Hedrick has made great strides since taking over. It's just hard to avoid a crash when you take over the helm of the titanic going full steam and only 100 yards away from the iceberg. **Queue sarcastic applause for Calhoun, Sadd, and BOD**

Hoping you, DOV, or anyone else knows of any remaining high profile individuals who still share our common dream?

Cheers and good luck to all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatboy

Industry Weekly (?) Article on Cytori & Japan 18 Feb 2015 08:14 #3437

• fas
Hi I-E,

In general- without wanting to mention names, since I do respect peoples privacy- I think there are still plenty of high profile people invested in Cytori- mainly well educated folks with medical backgrounds, but also scientific people from different disciplines.

I did report recently that I got back in touch with three substantial investors whom I communicated a lot with about 5 years ago, of those guys, two gave up on Cytori. In general I would say- its a mixed bag.

What should be public knowledge is the warrant ownership of the "friends of Cytori" who financed the Company in May 2009. As you might remember on May 16 2014 Cytori filed an extension for one year for these warrants exercisable at 3,50$. Walter Cruttenden was as per filing one of these folks, so at a minimum he still holds 1.7 x 600.000 = 1.020.000 warrants, since those warrants cannot be traded.

I do find it interesting to see if those folks get rewarded in the end... :whistle: There are only 3 months to go.... :winky:

Industry Weekly (?) Article on Cytori & Japan 18 Feb 2015 09:29 #3438

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
doesn't change a thing DOV,incompetence knows no boundry.

Industry Weekly (?) Article on Cytori & Japan 18 Feb 2015 09:37 #3439

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
“Before these new laws were enacted, the regulatory pathway for clinical use of regenerative cell therapy was ‘one-size-fits-all,’ irrespective of the risk posed by certain cell types and approaches,” said Hedrick. “Now, Cytori’s point-of-care Celution System can be transparently integrated into clinical use by providers under our Class I device status and the streamlined approval process granted to cell therapies that pose the lowest risk.

This development has caught the attention of the investment community. MarketWatch noted that “the company has already conducted several clinical trials in Japan with more underway that have shown a consistent safety profile for its technologies. Cytori also offers StemSource, a cell bank product line, that could see an uptick in use as stem cell research increases in Japan.”

Regulations in Europe

Other global locations have held great importance to the growth of this company as well. Early on the company received the CE marking which indicates a product’s compliance with EU legislation and enables the free movement of products within the European market.

“While we are active in the EU, there are some challenges in that there are different issues in each market,” explains Hedrick. “You need to have a strategy for each country and the patent system in Europe is different from both the U.S. and Asia.“

Patents are especially important in this technology and the company has obtained 75 patents in a variety of countries since 2001. Currently they have 45 applications pending.

In Europe the company has completed and reported results from three clinical trials for heart attacks and has initiated a feasibility trial in the U.S. for refractory heart failure due to chronic myocardial ischemia.

What, I want to know is what investors has Cytori caught the eye of as we tarde below .50. Is hedrik referring to day traders. in Marc's own words, the legislation was to bring immediate sales to cytori and we are still waiting for that. As far as what Europe has generated and what a disaster that has been, it makes me sick every time I think about it. Go back and listen to CC and Saad told us guliable shareholders how Cytori would be able to run at break even on European revenues alone. So much for that crock. How can these guys be taken seriously and Hedrik has done what exactly ? He hasn't even been able to keep the promise of transparency and better communication with shareholders.

Industry Weekly (?) Article on Cytori & Japan 18 Feb 2015 10:18 #3440

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
I E,
Welcome to the board. I too have been "blessed" with Cytori for about as long as you have. I hold substantially more shares than you do and believe me I feel your pain. All of the investors on this board have been subject to the sad game of missed potential and management blunders that have taken a promising technology to the brink of insolvency. I think I can speak for many large shareholders when I say we are still here searching for the promise we first saw in Cytori. All is not lost yet and I prefer to take an optimistic stance on the future. There are good things in the pipeline although that has been a continuing saga that never seems to come to fruition. This board and FAS are certainly a clearinghouse for the best information available to us. I soon tired of the vitriol and have resigned myself to the reality. This is a tough business. It can have great rewards. The key is being able to help people improve their lives through the science. I believe that is possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites