• Page:

TOPIC: Cardiology App discussion

Cardiology App discussion 13 Nov 2014 09:18 #2669

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Fas...I cant seem to find our recent discussion on the cardiology app and the cath's being used.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cardiology App discussion 13 Nov 2014 15:35 #2676

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Did it get pulled ?

Cardiology App discussion 14 Nov 2014 06:41 #2678

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Hedge-

I really thought you were pulling my leg. Logically that should be the case since it only takes a few clicks to find the discussion. This is not a board with daily 200 new entries..and I do not pull or delete anything without saying or explaining.. :KO:

Anyway- in that thread I concluded more or less that we should hold this discussion until ADVANCE and ATHENA data are available.

It was MORE than wise to stop those clinics, simply because of advances in technology.

With drugs you have a defined chemical structure for a compound with its defined by-products of unwanted side-effects. Similar with anti-bodies. Either everything is taken orally or injected.

Cell therapy is I believe a "continuously moving" field of medical science, which badly fits in the FDA moulds of "devices AND drugs"

The DELIVERY method is very much an issue in respect of safety and efficacy- so getting rid of NOGA is fine. In the next post you can see the two candidates for "taking over"- as Matt indicated- c-cath or Helix.

Optimising the use of cells with growth factors or chemokines or cytokines. Combining with PRP using only cytokines are all issues of the future. What Juventas is doing with SDF-1 - a biochemical is genuine and most likely advantageous to combine with autologous therapy.

My feeling is that the FDA and EMA are too old fashioned and inflexible to "guide" this development so I am looking elsewhere for the BIG BANG. :grin:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Cardiology App discussion 14 Nov 2014 06:54 #2679

• fas
First the C-cath...quite interesting- away from the groin so to speak... :whistle:

Cardio3 BioSciences has developed a proprietary technology aimed at maximizing the delivery efficiency of regenerative therapeutics to the heart. C-Cathez is an intra-myocardial delivery catheter, designed to reduce risk of myocardium perforation, increase needle stability and deliver enhanced fluid dynamics to improve retention. Efforts to set up a quality management system that is conform to ISO 13485:2003 are completed. Final design, that addressed the most recent comments received from key opinion leaders in terms of the ease of handling of the device, is also completed. C-Cathez obtained CE mark in April 2012 and is therefore available for clinical use worldwide and commercial use outside of the U.S.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Cardiology App discussion 14 Nov 2014 07:02 #2680

• fas
And the Helix catheter by BioCardia. More traditional...

The Helix catheter's small hollow, distal helical needle is advanced from a blood vessel in the groin similar to an angioplasty catheter, over the aortic arch and across the aortic valve through the FDA-cleared Morph guide catheter. The Helix is then advanced from the Morph, and its helical needle is rotated into the heart tissue to provide active fixation during therapeutic delivery, similar to the active fixation electrodes used in cardiac pacing. This fixation to the beating heart wall provides for stability and control during the delivery procedure. It uses simplified fluoroscopic imaging, crosses the aortic arch and valve over a guide wire, and provides the operator with three degrees of freedom to maximize operator control. Leading physicians have described the current Helix system as elegant in its simplicity.
The Helix catheter is under investigational use in the United States and CE Mark received for the European Union.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DOV, rongside, d9dozrman, keysman

Cardiology App discussion 14 Nov 2014 12:15 #2683

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Fas,

Thanks for the graphic description of the tools used. It shows just how complex the whole procedure is and how dependent we are on a technology area that is fast moving. This truly shows that you were right to believe that they should have gone for the OA indication first. Low hanging fruit. :bash:

Of course they did try for a low hanging fruit alternative, ie breast reconstruction after lumpectomy. They got the cost structure wrong and obviously did not give enough thought to the doctors, and health care payment providers profit maximisation and cost containment priorities (respectively). Lets hope that the new Celution device will be able to reinvigorate that market in the not too distant future.

As regards the devices used for heart treatment I am intrigued at what Mesoblast is doing. To the best of my knowledge they are using a single injection of MPC into the heart (not multiple injections). No doubt multiple injections surounding the area of heart disease is ideal but would it not be interesting to suggest to the NIH that in the LVAD trial CYTX could use the same equipment as Mesoblast and reduce the injections to a couple. This would provide a true Head to Head comparison.

Or do you think that it would be better to go with trying to get a newer less invasive/arduous device such as those shown above to be utilised in a LVAD trial? I think the NIH may want us to prove/test the new device first which would be a shame because what we want is to prove that autologous ADRC cells are the most effective cellular therapy

Cardiology App discussion 15 Nov 2014 06:13 #2686

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas...sorry but I wasnt pulling your leg.
I dont know why I couldnt find what I was looking for before and I looked under each topic heading.
Used the search function this morning and found what I was looking for under the insider purchases topic heading..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites