• Page:

TOPIC: The partnership saga

The partnership saga 26 Jul 2014 08:40 #1906

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
I was rereading Fas' blog on cardiology and "the one that got away" and was sadly thinking about how many chances have slipped through our fingers or just never seem to come.
Daiichi Sankyo mentioned in that particular blog post but before them it was Astellas. We are still confused about the Japanese government and a advanced SUI trial. Going back even further there was the large funnel for many banking systems to be installed. Who knows what else has slipped through our fingers in Japan ? Even with the new law now looking like November for final passage we seem to be alone in Japan ! WHY ? ! ? ! :cry: I do believe CC was a problem :evil: but at least he is now gone.
EU has been dead for years despite approvals. Have we gone forward with the French government on the advanced scleroderma trial yet ?
In the US we got some news on a funded trial in conjunction with LVADS but its been BARDA advancement we have been waiting for and true to Cytori history...the decision is being held up be "additional work" funding talks...which we dont know what exactly that will entail and if it is a positive.
The big news from last year was Lorem which had to be renegotiated and is at very early stages as they are still putting people in place just to begin. With China management has stated approval by year end but in the update they only mention about filing for approval...a big difference.
Lastly, which imho was the biggest joke, that CC was going to pull something off as he was headed out the door. Years of FAILURE, but 90 days the partnership gates were going to open for him !!!!! :bash:
BARDA aside...time is very short to fill the coffers again with cash...the biggest plague of Cytori. :puke: Will we be doing another raise in the $2's ? :evil: :puke: :cry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: fas, d9dozrman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The partnership saga 27 Jul 2014 03:58 #1907

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Nice post Hedge- probably similar to the way a lot of shareholders are thinking. :whistle:

You are not the only one who is confused- one simply HAS to be confused if one understands the technology.-its as simple as that.

Where I am at? I personally have been bouncing back and forth between- two major explanations- a. disruptive technology or b. efforts by the management of Cytori to sell the technology to partners at the value they thought it had, which was much higher than what the potential partners thought.

I am waiting since November 2006 when CC stated in a call that in 2007 we would AT LEAST have one major partnership.That was going to be Mentor- all signs were obvious. They balked and were later swallowed by J&J. Explanation in August 2007 call- disruptive tech, but I think the issues with FDA were more relevant.
Late 2008 the planned liaison with Olympus went sour. There is a story around that Kikakuwa himself pulled a "Daiichi" on Calhoun at the meeting where the contract was going to be signed and the financing chaos that followed never really stopped and is still ongoing.

Of course we had the CC-Brian Gagnon show in November 2009 with the Non-binding Letter of Intent....which was pulled without explanation and the Gagnon departure following (of the business interests- I still believe personally Neil is still around.)

Anyway- between those days and now- a lot happened too, but fact is Hedrick STILL HAS to pursue therapeutic partner deals in order to succeed- I think, he has to come out with that, otherwise he gets the same "credibility issue" that Calhoun had.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike, d9dozrman

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

The partnership saga 28 Jul 2014 09:47 #1908

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
Fas, We all know the history of disappointments and that although corrections are promised they never happen. Deals are promised and they don't happen. BARDA happens yet all of us are waiting for the other shoe to drop and for the BS explanation that will come as to why funding is not what we expect. I apprciate the merits to stem cell technology and that some company will harness and commercialize the technolgy bringing that company profits. My questions to you are. Do you think that Cytori will survive or will they bankrupt themselves ,making our paper losses very real. What are your expectations ? The situation as it stands now is that i reall can't imagine that there are any shareholders that could possibly be green on this investment and that the end is near.

The partnership saga 28 Jul 2014 12:45 #1912

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110

Do you think that Cytori will survive or will they bankrupt themselves ,making our paper losses very real. What are your expectations ? The situation as it stands now is that i reall can't imagine that there are any shareholders that could possibly be green on this investment and that the end is near.

Michael- I will give you my thoughts for whatever they are worth- but in a few days, after doing some "breeding" :write:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rothco619

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites