• Page:

TOPIC: Right to try passed in Colorado, Nuralstem offers

Right to try passed in Colorado, Nuralstem offers 19 May 2014 10:32 #1707

• joeycav11
  • joeycav11's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
cells to physicians. CUR does a great job of promoting itself as witnessed by its share price.
ALS in my opinion will get breakthrough status. It effects many younger people. The demand will be huge.

www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/right-to-try-laws-spur-debate-over-dying-patients-access-to-experimental-drugs/2014/05/16/820e08c8-dcfa-11e3-b745-87d39690c5c0_story.html

I believe Cytori can offer its procedure under these new laws also but they might be better off waiting until Barda gets the nod imo.

Fas keep strong and good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Right to try passed in Colorado, Nuralstem offers 19 May 2014 15:30 #1708

• Jack Schwartzberg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have been a long time investor in both Cytori and Neuralstem. I have previously served a CEO of a publicly traded biotech (focused on radioactive isotopes, and, at one time I was a paid consultant for Cytori. Neuralstem's management team is superb in every aspect. Contrast that with the bumbling underachieving group at Cytori, and the respective valuation is easy to understand. It is not great PR that has helped CUR achieve it's current status - Rather it is as result of careful planning, great pipeline, and a sensible conservative approach to the FDA.

Right to try passed in Colorado, Nuralstem offers 19 May 2014 16:12 #1709

• keysman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Jack I don't get your point. Your statement did not infer that you sold cytx and bought more neuralstem. It just sounded as you as well as a lot of us have not been happy with cytx's pps.

Right to try passed in Colorado, Nuralstem offers 19 May 2014 21:18 #1710

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Welcome Jack !

Question for you. How many VP's does CUR have ? :grin:
How many board members ? :grin:

Last one, and perhaps a bit of a inside joke, does CUR management have a clown car to drive out management at the annual meetings ? :joy: :grin: :evil:

Totally agree with your statement on bumbling CYTX management !!!!
Many of us have been complaining about how this company is run for a very long time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right to try passed in Colorado, Nuralstem offers 20 May 2014 03:03 #1711

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
This initiative which than culminated in a type compassionate law- cutting out the FDA- is probably very interesting for up- and coming new technologies like stem cells, be they neurologic in nature or dendritic cells for immuno therapy against cancers.

My guess would be that BIG PHARMA will be very cautious in providing their promising "drugs". If you provide drugs to the critically ill folks- deaths occur, which might have to be investigated also, which could set them back more in development than they would gain.

Companies like Neuralstem with presently just feasibility trials as evidence probably will be better served with this type of law, which is common in the European countries.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Right to try passed in Colorado, Nuralstem offers 20 May 2014 09:16 #1712

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Fas,
Hope you are feeling better after the procedure. Glad to see you posting again! Being a NY Yankee fan I heard that CC Sabathia had stem cell injections in his knee. Can you do this in the US? Legally? It sounds as though it was done here? Or do you think he was treated out of the country? In any event it seems the procedure is becoming almost mainstream with elite atheletes, and whomever else can afford it. I don't know what type of cell therapy they use with the cortizone. I would think ADRC's would be ideal for this type of treatment.

www.sportsmedia101.com/newyorkyankees/2014/05/16/new-york-yankees-sp-cc-sabathia-getting-stem-cell-treatment-for-degenerative-knee/

www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2014/05/carlos_beltran_on_cc_sabathias_injury_treatment_it_takes_time.html

Right to try passed in Colorado, Nuralstem offers 20 May 2014 10:15 #1713

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Fatboy-
Yeah- I follow a bit what MLB.com writes on the treatment of injured players (the minor ones I mean- the epidemic of Tommy John surgery is something different), but a lot of times they get cortisone shots. The basic mechanism of action of cortisone is anti-inflammatory. so it helps combat that and further relies on normal healing powers of healthy athletes.

On the treatments in the US. The US simply is a madhouse in respect of cell treatments.

There are chains of MDs offering both ADRC and BM treatments mainly in the orthopedic area- Cell Surgical Network. the Purita MedMD network etc. There is even a Florida clinic offering shots against spinal cord injury with fat cells for 7000 $. :KO:

Of course - it is all illegal unless you work with PRP shots. The MDs tend to know that, but have been inspired by the lack of action of the FDA, who just REACTS but not pro-actively acts to make sure its own rules at´re complied with.

A big stem cell jungle if you like.

Anyway- I do not feel so great, but have a holiday planned in the Tuscany (Italy) for ages. Tomorrow is departure, but I bought an Android tablet to take along, which should keep me informed about this board and my A´s. :cool:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Right to try passed in Colorado, Nuralstem offers 20 May 2014 13:39 #1715

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Fas,
You should be happy the A's are hot. Hope you sweep the Rays and help us poor Yankee fans out. I thought we had a team but injuries are killing us again this year. I remember when you had to be just about dead to get on the DL. Now If you get a sore knee you are out for two months? Maybe good for the stem cell business but it sucks for the fans.

Have a great time in Tuscany. I hear it is beautiful.

Right to try passed in Colorado, Nuralstem offers 28 May 2014 13:27 #1726

• Jack Schwartzberg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Keysman,

I sold about half of my holdings in CYTX about 1 yr. ago, and bought additional CUR at .46 with the proceeds. Unfortunately, I should have completely divested myself of CYTX at the time. CUR is trading today at .47. I still believe in CYTX science, and I am awaiting positive action by their management.
The following user(s) said Thank You: keysman

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites