• Page:

TOPIC: Fas Did You Comment on This ?

Fas Did You Comment on This ? 07 Feb 2014 07:43 #1307

• rothco619
  • rothco619's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fas Did You Comment on This ? 07 Feb 2014 11:15 #1308

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Yes. I did.

There were several threads at LinkedIn on the topic- I participated in the main one where Chris Centeno also wrote.

I will share them with all of you in a few minutes- have to copy and paste.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rothco619

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Fas Did You Comment on This ? 07 Feb 2014 11:25 #1309

• fas
Actually Lee Buckler- the "founder" of the group opened this discussion by writing in his blog the following:

It has been an interesting ride. Chris Centeno and his partners (and investors) have been the lightning rod for a lobby and debate around the right way to regulate the use of cells therapeutically - particularly one's one cells. The arguments became more sophisticated as the case wore on and, as so often happens, the ground shifted considerably while the case was ongoing. The case and Chris Centeno's unparalleled commitment to the cause has contributed significantly to a debate that is important to have and I suspect is not over simply because the case is done.

Dr. Centeno and I have had our differences but now is the time to recognize his contributions to the debate and, more importantly, to the field. We look forward to his future contributions to developing robust, cell-based treatments for patients.

I was the first to comment- very brief:

This is a sad day for justice, patients and regenerative medicine. Though not unexpected in view of the powers behind the scene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Fas Did You Comment on This ? 07 Feb 2014 11:32 #1310

• fas
Chris joined a day later and wrote this:

All, we have fought an uphill battle for 5 years. The first issue was that FDA refused to take a formal opinion that what we were doing violated their regulations, leading to our first Denver court decision that this wasn't "ripe" for judicial review. They then took that formal position by filing an injunction, so we voluntarily decided not to culture until this was finally decided. That final decision (in our mind) came yesterday. Do I agree with the concepts behind cells=drugs, no. However, it is the law of the land now and we will do everything in our power to abide by it. On fighting city hall, I don't think there was a better way to do this at this point, just that changing things through the judicial system has a gravitas that's like trying to move a many ton boulder up a steep slope-it can be done, but the odds are not in your favor.

My comment followed:

Yes- thanks so much for a great fight for a noble cause Chris. I picked up your endeavors in 2010 and have been fascinated by it. Key is now- respect the law, since it is what it is. But lets not forget, the blue planet earth is bigger than the US alone and the battle of the patented canned high priced engineered cells versus POM style applications of autologous cells whether fresh or cultured has not been decided yet. As you and others have taught me- it is only over when the fat lady starts singing. I hope in 5-7 years we will see clearer what side will prevail. I case we will be the good guys, I hope I can entertain you sometime in the Nibelungen city of Worms and listen to the fat lady until she is finished. Thanks again.

and Chris´answer was this:

Fas, thanks for the kind words. In the cell therapy industry, the final fat lady singing may not be regulatory, but insurance. Hopefully there will be countries that have better regulatory environments that try to balance type 1 and 2 regulatory errors (protecting patients while not stifling innovation). So far, most stem cell drugs look to be insurance albatrosses, so in the end the cell therapy industry may decide that their push for big regulation has not helped the cause. In fact, this may really help companies like Cytori with POC systems, as it's highly likely that they will be the most financially successful cell therapy companies over the next decade (as long as they can find some way to get to market). In the meantime, we will respect the court's decision and watch from the sidelines as the regulatory picture here continues to unfold.

I did respond to that one as follows:

We will see Chris. I do not know, but I cannot imagine that your orthopedic business has thrived because of insurance coverage, but assume that most of it was elective i.e "private pleasure" With unmet needs in the medical arena of organs, be it cardiac, renal, liver or what ever- the demand from an economic perspective obviously is even more pressing, due to
urgency of life or death. My sincere conviction is, that POM type apps for those needs can be developed with autologous cells. Meaning being totally disruptive to Big Pharma, since not patent-able. I think though, private capital can be found to offer these treatments in advanced regions of the world and simple "word of mouth" will suffice to be successful. Obviously- in the first place this all assumes approval to treat patients- and advanced countries like Japan and Germany will cover -insurance wise-as soon as the medical establishment will see the benefits, which to me are very obvious.[
/quote]

The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Fas Did You Comment on This ? 07 Feb 2014 11:35 #1311

• fas
there was some more but the above is key: we will win this one and will listen to the fat lady some fine day, sing her song until its finished:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rothco619

Fas Did You Comment on This ? 07 Feb 2014 12:12 #1312

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Fas for your answer. As my frustration grows with Cytori I am seeking as much opinion as possible as I decide if I am to continue to hold or sell of my position at a substantial loss. I would not make any move until after the March call, however, I am taing the approach that I will exit and need a reason to stay, which may be provided in the call. As I become more aware of competiton to Cytori as well as the roadblocks put up by the FDA and other legislative bodies around the globe I question just how long will it be before Cytori can monetize etc.
So my next question. Do you feel that this company www.adistem.com/about-adistem/our-business/ will beat Cytori to the punch in Asia and will Lorem's abilities to distribute meet the abilities that Adistem seems to have in place ?

Fas Did You Comment on This ? 07 Feb 2014 12:20 #1313

• fas
Adistem is emulsification scam.

I am not gonna waste my breath on that one.

Fas Did You Comment on This ? 07 Feb 2014 12:30 #1314

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
enough said, was not familiar with the company. Any update on Precise data . Saw some BS about presenter not making it to US due to snow but what would that have to do with publishing findings in a medical journal

Fas Did You Comment on This ? 07 Feb 2014 13:00 #1315

• fas
I published the date of presentation here on this board in the expectation that Cytori would announce "upon presentation".

Obviously they did not and will wait until its published in a scientific i.e. cardiovascular journal.

Thats a totally different ballgame- peer reviews, journal reviews, acceptance process etc etc should come in the next three months though.

Fas Did You Comment on This ? 07 Feb 2014 19:47 #1317

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Fas
5-7 years takes us to either side of Maxim's bold earning targets for 2020 wich I believe are down to $11.04
for cardiology.
Do you have a thought to were earnings will be at in 2020 ?

I am sure you can guess I am under this figure for cardiology although we have recently learned that cardiology my mean more than the heart. So perhaps a reassessment will be in order at some point...to me we are nowhere near that point yet imho.

Fas Did You Comment on This ? 10 Feb 2014 10:49 #1318

• fas
Whether I have an idea of earnings in 2020?

I sincerely believe the Cytori technology will prevail in regenerative medicine- otherwise I wouldnt go thru all these effort with webpages and all. This is occasionally fun but creates also frustration.

Anything below incredibly high earnings will be a disappointment for me.

lets you throw a dart- and say 500 mio net profit?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.709 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites