Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General
  • Page:

TOPIC: How did we miss the Maxim downgrade after the call ?

How did we miss the Maxim downgrade after the call ? 17 Aug 2018 06:55 #12188

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
There doesn't seem to be any price target now although pre-market today has a small amount of shares trading higher.

>>>Maxim Group analyst Jason McCarthy downgraded Cytori Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: CYTX) to Hold today. The company’s shares closed yesterday at $0.40, close to its 52-week low of $0.37.
McCarthy commented:
“We are downgrading CYTX shares to and removing our price target (prior $3). Our fundamental view around the company’s key programs of 0918 (liposomal doxorubicin) and cell therapy (scleroderma, stress urinary incontinence) are unchanged, but capital constraints remain, and are an increasing concern.”
According to TipRanks.com, McCarthy is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 12.0% and a 44.3% success rate. McCarthy covers the Healthcare sector, focusing on stocks such as SELLAS Life Sciences Group Inc, ContraVir Pharmaceuticals Inc, and Sonoma Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Cytori Therapeutics Inc has an analyst consensus of Moderate Buy, with a price target consensus of $6.<<<

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How did we miss the Maxim downgrade after the call ? 21 Aug 2018 13:06 #12206

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
What do you think of today’s price action and volume Hedge, volume is crazy! Big short covering, someone buying in or just more head fake manipulation?

How did we miss the Maxim downgrade after the call ? 21 Aug 2018 22:32 #12209

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi b7
My reaction is we have seen these moves before.
Someone is making money but it wont be the long time holders.
Management checks have continued, underwriter fees have been payed and the major players get their trades....
Otherwise, its a yawn from me.:yawn:

How did we miss the Maxim downgrade after the call ? 22 Aug 2018 07:31 #12210

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19

b767cpt wrote: What do you think of today’s price action and volume Hedge, volume is crazy! Big short covering, someone buying in or just more head fake manipulation?

B-7, the volume and % increase suggest that something may be brewing - however, whatever it is (even if it is a buyout), it is not likely to make any meaningful dent in the huge downward spiral of losses incurred in recent years - nevertheless, hope springs eternal.

How did we miss the Maxim downgrade after the call ? 22 Aug 2018 08:54 #12211

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Something appears to be going on, second day in a row with huge volume and price increase out of the gate again.

How did we miss the Maxim downgrade after the call ? 22 Aug 2018 10:04 #12212

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

b767cpt wrote: Something appears to be going on, second day in a row with huge volume and price increase out of the gate again.

5.6 million shares with a VWAP of .68 as of 11:00am - yes, something appears to be brewing - let's hope it is of significance.

How did we miss the Maxim downgrade after the call ? 22 Aug 2018 10:53 #12213

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Could be as simple as trying to get the warrants in the money so CYTX can get some desperately needed money.
Momo players again being used as noted by plenty of churn yesterday and today.
Even if there is a buyout or partial sale that Oxford agrees to....little benefit remains for the long term holder.
Unless your flipping...double yawn ! :yawn:

Oh...BTW...for those with short memories CYTX popped from about $2.70 to close $4.70 in one day back in early January of this year...only for new record lows to follow.
Options quiet !!!

How did we miss the Maxim downgrade after the call ? 22 Aug 2018 11:09 #12214

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

myownhedgefund wrote: Could be as simple as trying to get the warrants in the money so CYTX can get some desperately needed money.
Even if there is a buyout or partial sale that Oxford agrees to....little benefit remains for the long term holder.

Oh...BTW...for those with short memories CYTX popped from about $2.70 to close $4.70 in one day back in early January of this year...only for new record lows to follow.
Options quiet !!!

History is certainly on your side!

How did we miss the Maxim downgrade after the call ? 22 Aug 2018 11:35 #12215

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
I just went through the 10Q this afternoon. Not very positive reading - just gloom and doom- but also - in my view- omitting relevant information which the shareholders I believe should know- like the real OS shares in case of conversion of the preferred shares into common i.e. what would be the situation subsequent to Juli 31 if the RO was taken into account. The OS shares indicated in the 10Q at 7/31 are just 7.7 Mio.

Anyway- on money- Cytori closed the Riley deal on June 1st, when PPS was 2,50/2,60.
The CF statement shows no cash in-flow from sales of shares, so that ATM simply was not used even though they planned the RO, with the traditional deterioration of PPS- incompetence or planned?

We will know soon enough.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

How did we miss the Maxim downgrade after the call ? 22 Aug 2018 11:44 #12216

• fas
Also- institutional holdings are at an ATL. but than again our Swiss friends only elect to report when they feel like it. Although I have not checked- in view of their size, they should act legal- meaning 13F/G filings from their side are only voluntary for non-US financial institutions and not obligatory.
If it was obligatory, they would have to report all situations when their holdings pass 10% or become less than 5% of the OS shares.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

How did we miss the Maxim downgrade after the call ? 22 Aug 2018 12:01 #12217

• fas
As to possible information leaks- which I despise, but know exist- SCLERADEC II was unblinded early Juli. The 12 weeks Cochin score (the primary endpoint) should be known by some folks by now, although I only expect full results, inclusive 24 weeks secondary endpoints to be published somewhere in November.

Cytori is not allowed to raise money before October 23 2018, which kinda fits.

How did we miss the Maxim downgrade after the call ? 24 Aug 2018 07:39 #12219

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

rodney.strongg wrote:

myownhedgefund wrote: Could be as simple as trying to get the warrants in the money so CYTX can get some desperately needed money.

Options quiet !!!

History is certainly on your side!

Looks like HF was right again - move-up on huge volume was all BS!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites