TOPIC: Q3 2017 13F filings

Q3 2017 13F filings 14 Nov 2017 20:23 #10517

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Lots of 13F's filed today.
I only read the one for our largest holder. Sabby.
They sold close to 400K shares in the Q
Now own 1,237,952 shares...well, ok as of 9/30/2017.

secfilings.nasdaq.com/filingFrameset.asp?FilingID=12383843&RcvdDate=11/14/2017&CoName=CYTORI%20THERAPEUTICS%2C%20INC.&FormType=424B3&View=html

Tomorrow we should get a clearer picture of overall institutional holdings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Q3 2017 13F filings 15 Nov 2017 08:07 #10521

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry folks.
Sabby completely sold out of their shares.
They sold close to 400K in warrants and still own 1,237,952 warrants.
So no CYTX left but if anyone wants a large chunk of CYTXW you know who to call.

Looks like institutions down to 7.33% with perhaps some late tweaking.

Q3 2017 13F filings 15 Nov 2017 08:15 #10523

• rodney.strongg
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
It can't be all that bad to be finally rid of Sabby !

Q3 2017 13F filings 15 Nov 2017 08:18 #10525

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Well you do have a point there RS !
However, one could say its a sign that there is no more to milk out of this company ...at least with a acceptable risk/reward for them.

Q3 2017 13F filings 15 Nov 2017 09:01 #10531

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Given that oufits like Sabby are front runners in the shorting/funding game you may well be right, ie. there is no more easy money on the short side. If bankruptcy was assured they would hold till the end, but this may not be a certainty any longer............... Lord only knows ..............

In the past I had mentioned that my fear was that CYTX may one day become like Discovery Labs (DSCO) now renamed Windree (WINT). I am sorry to say that that fear has been realised, financially.

Sickening to think that I got out of WINT early, relatively unscathed, just to put the money into CYTX which I thought had better prospects ........... ain't life a bitch.

I wonder if management (joke) has a plan B if this RO fails . In desperation they may well have to do a partnership deal after all. Surely there is some company out there that just on the basis of the STAR data in difuse patients can see the merits of taking over this company.

Takeda did a deal with Tigenix for fistula/crohns. It had positive phase III results, but without wanting to get into a long winded discussion I believe autologous ADRC are more efficacious. TIG capitalisation is 25 times higher. This is not rational. I do not want to believe that Hedrick is purposely driving CYTX into bankruptcy ............ perhaps he is being manipulated by shyster financiers...........hey Mark, cut them loose..... bite the bullet and do a deal.

Q3 2017 13F filings 15 Nov 2017 09:37 #10534

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
I have urged CYTX to find a buyer of the company or making a deal of this nature. Yet, nothing seems happened. Probably they cannot find an acceptable deal.

I think this may very well be a plan:

1. Cash burn reduced to $ 1 million per month. As Tiago Girao has commented during the CC that this RO would float the company for a year (buy time). During this time, Tiago Girao has mentioned in the CC that some important events may come.

2. Cell therapy. Except with scheroderma (regardless what the FDA decision maybe, as discussed), the company will rely now on IIS (including pivotal registration filings) - at least for the near to intermediate future on the therapeutic side. (Hedrick always mentions that physicians outside know our technology better.)

3. I think CYTX is going back to its roots - a medical device company. I think in Japan/maybe else where, Harris is now engaging heavily in the plastic surgery applications - they should do the same in EU.

4. Nanomedicine, as Hedrick has said a low risk venture, is where revenue may come. But the company needs time to mature this venture into real numbers.

5. I think Sabby's departure may be good. However, they might have bought back shares during this RO (a great deal for them if they would play it right - selling, buying and whatever).

Q3 2017 13F filings 15 Nov 2017 09:52 #10535

• rodney.strongg
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Franshei, if Sabby sold all of their shares, they would not have Rights to participate in the RO.

Q3 2017 13F filings 15 Nov 2017 10:34 #10538

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Rodney

The 13F filing is for end of September. Sabby does not need a lot of shares (before end of October) to execute RO and buy CYTX at low PPS - we cannot negotiate the new terms, but a fund manager can. CYTX is under the mercy of the big money managers.

Q3 2017 13F filings 15 Nov 2017 10:40 #10539

• rodney.strongg
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Franshei, hard to believe that Sabby bought shares since 10/1 so they could participate in the RO - anyway, not worth speculating about - I like your partnership and buyout theories!

Q3 2017 13F filings 15 Nov 2017 11:14 #10540

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Rodney

This is the best that I hope may happen:

While raising money from small investors is always hard, a friendly white knight with deep pocket (initial $ 10 million is just for the short term) can come in through this RO and take control of the company with financial resources, guidance, connections, etc.

PS Another related subject

Remember what DOV had said, many plastic/cosmetic surgical clinics are not using celution 800 because of cost of equipment. With CTX 2 and some kind of rental facilities as in Japan, maybe this segment of business can now open. In most cases, they are self paid.

PS FAS Is it feasible for a Kerastem takeover of CYTX ?

Q3 2017 13F filings 15 Nov 2017 12:15 #10541

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
This is what the final Insti Holdings looks like- as hedge mentioned 7,33% and probably rising the next time around since Insti´s know how this game works- sell high buy low, which they can do all over again now.

Anyway- I can only repeat myself- selling the Company at present- i.e. down on their knees- is the stupidest thing they can do from an investor viewpoint. Shareholders ALWAYS lose out big time. In this game their are no white knights just evil black serpents out for their own gain who give a shit about present owners. Take my word for it. :evil:

Franshei- I do not know the backers of Kerastem and their financial prowess. Although the management of Kerastem seem competent- I have heard good things about Brad Conlan and Eric Daniels I know personally, they also would care less about the CYTX holdings of me and you. They are not the Salvation Army. :grin:
Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Q3 2017 13F filings 15 Nov 2017 12:23 #10542

• fas
I was just glancing at the Inst Holdings image that I posted and noted a thing that looks disturbing-

Susquehanna Int. is back- I presume to take part in the RO. They are always bad news, those guys.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Q3 2017 13F filings 15 Nov 2017 12:51 #10545

• rodney.strongg
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I believe Franshei is referring to a another company taking control and operating CYTX better than we all have experienced - taking control does not necessarily mean a complete buyout (which would be ill-timed at present to say the least), but rather a "controlling stake".

Q3 2017 13F filings 15 Nov 2017 13:47 #10546

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas and Rodney

Re KERAstem

Maybe I can look at a Kerastem possibility from a different angle. Kerastem appears to me a well run company and they have a good relationship with CYTX. Kerastem's interests in alopecia can be extended selectively into other celution applications in cosmetic/plastic surgery. Kerastem's alopeica treatment is available in Japan and EU and this business can be extended by buying CYTX's cosmetic business (excluding breast reconstruction) in this area. By doing so, Kerastem may infuse some needed cash into CYTX.

PS Regardless of what I may say about a Kerastem possiblity, I believe CYTX will not sell out parts of the Japanese business presently, otherwise CYTX KK's revenue would go down. Actually Cytori KK is doing very well for CYTX USA, even though their numbers are not impressive at this time.

Q3 2017 13F filings 15 Nov 2017 14:29 #10547

• fas

franshei wrote: Fas and Rodney

Re KERAstem

Maybe I can look at a Kerastem possibility from a different angle. Kerastem appears to me a well run company and they have a good relationship with CYTX. Kerastem's interests in alopecia can be extended selectively into other celution applications in cosmetic/plastic surgery. Kerastem's alopeica treatment is available in Japan and EU and this business can be extended by buying CYTX's cosmetic business (excluding breast reconstruction) in this area. By doing so, Kerastem may infuse some needed cash into CYTX.

Franshei- Anything can be disposed of what is considered "non-core" if the money is right versus future projected cash-in flows. That would be an alternative.

Seeking to sell "controlling" interests as what Rodney suggests is absolutely for the birds, with the present valuation and considering prospects (yes- I believe they are still there) and also considering the present "beneficial ownership" limitations of 9,99% of the CYTX stock.

Q3 2017 13F filings 15 Nov 2017 14:53 #10548

• rodney.strongg
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas, are you seriously saying that you would rather not have another company that knew what the hell they were doing in control of CYTX (not even necessarily 50%) and perhaps adding new elements to the Company - it's not going to cost you anything - plus, CYTX could prosper hugely imo without Hedrick in charge.

PS - much of the dilution will have come through the RO shares which are going to be issued anyway.

Q3 2017 13F filings 15 Nov 2017 15:10 #10549

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
RS
The horse is dead already...you can stop beating it !!!

Besides...why would anyone want to keep these guys ???

Q3 2017 13F filings 15 Nov 2017 15:17 #10552

• rodney.strongg
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Are you going to sell your 4% of the dead horse - LOL.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.749 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites