• Page:

TOPIC: AZAYA selling?

AZAYA selling? 01 May 2017 13:24 #9244

• franshei
  • franshei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
Is the current wave of selling coming from the AZA owners?

AZA has been stalled for a while, till now. The original owners found a turkey for their dinner. It looks like to me they are having a good time, with $ 2 million upfront and maybe another $ 1 million is selling the CYTX shares (another deep discount).

I think Hedrick is after their encapsulation technology and not the cancer drugs. If so, the technology must be something that CYTX cannot live without and they have to make deal to buy out AZA at a very odd time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AZAYA selling? 02 May 2017 10:22 #9246

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
FAS

The current PPS would be so different, if a presumed partnership deal (as discussed before and first raised by DOV and Roadney Strong) would have happened end of first Q into second Q. (As discussed by DOV and many others, this deal is being delayed and not cancelled, while CYTX many seek other partnership possibilities.)

Should the presumed partnership deal really happen, the AZA people who may really need or want to cash out, they could get a better price. The secondary which may have been rushed through with Maxim would not have to happen at a deep discount price. The company management would likely get their full stock option.

Yet, Hedrick and Girao (as well as the BOD) appeared to make strange choices with the AZA acquisition and go to Maxim to raise CASH.

We may know the truth one day.

My guesses are: 1. the AZA liposomal technology is crucial to CYTX and without it CYTX future clinical development beyond Habeo and Japan (mostly celution systems) would face serious limitations and with it, many early clinical developments would go forward; 2. AZA's owners are pressed to monetarize the company assets for some good reasons - CYTX might be given a choice that they have to risk to take...

AZAYA selling? 02 May 2017 13:59 #9248

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
*** (As discussed by DOV and many others, this deal is being delayed and not cancelled, while CYTX many seek other partnership possibilities.)***
Kinda reminds me of what CC said after losing the Japan partnership. Its coming, just delayed he said.

***the AZA liposomal technology is crucial to CYTX and without it CYTX future clinical development beyond Habeo and Japan***
Duh !!!!
I sure hope no one really believes the BARDA to main stream burn center pumps. Some usage possible but will not replace standard of care imho. I still say the best application of this tech will be in the difficult to heal wounds for burn patients.

AZAYA selling? 02 May 2017 14:28 #9249

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110

franshei wrote: Is the current wave of selling coming from the AZA owners?

AZA has been stalled for a while, till now. The original owners found a turkey for their dinner. It looks like to me they are having a good time, with $ 2 million upfront and maybe another $ 1 million is selling the CYTX shares (another deep discount).

Franshei- Cytori assumed to pay the accounts payables in Azaya´s books and they got "2 million" worth of shares at bad prices if you look at today. No cash whatsoever and the rest being "pie-in-the-sky". So- they surely did not find a "fat" turkey, presently just a very skinny starved chicken, so hardly any incentive to sell is there?

Anyway- I see the former Azaya ownership as insiders, if CYTX is such shit, why take the shares?

They probably also know the 24 weeks Scleroderma data. Nothing else makes any sense.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

AZAYA selling? 02 May 2017 14:35 #9250

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedge,

Many CC ago, in a conversation between Hedrick and Jason of Maxim, Jason mentioned something strange - he seemed to imply that the BARDA clinical might end after 1 or 2 I personally think CYTX is using the BARDA experiences and branching out into something to benefit the company. Examples: IV dosing, CTX2, etc. This new IDE is a company IDE, not BARDA.

Based on this new IDE and safety data, etc., the Habeo Raynaud's clincals can be started (multicenter studies would be short - 6 months data for phase 1-2 and another 6 months for phase 3), leading to marketing in 2019. The Raynaud's marketing arena would be built based on the scleroderma territories and yet this territories would be 20 times bigger.

There is a lot scientific interests in the application of liposomal technology in regenerative medicine, I think Hedrick is planning a different route in the clinicals - iv, cell free, off shelf. This development is for the next generation after the first one.

As Hedrick has mentioned a while back, CYTX/USA is becoming a scleroderma company, just like OSIR in wound dressing.

Japan would be a different story - celution system for the time being.

AZAYA selling? 02 May 2017 14:48 #9251

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
franshei
The nice thing about the upcoming burn trial is it will be compared with SOC vs simply using lactated ringers as a control.
Agree, off the shelf and cell free would be nice but far out. We still need to prove we will survive.
Asia in general has grown but too slowly.

AZAYA selling? 02 May 2017 15:13 #9252

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedge

If CYTX is a true scleroderma company, as Hedrick had implied a year or so ago, I think, based on what the company may have in the STAR and EU studies and plans for the future, I think we can find a partner and the company would obviously asking for a very good deal - a lot of money.

No company would sign a scleroderma deal based on STAR and EU clinical data along. The market size is small. What would come with a good plan in Raynaud's and scleroderma nano is absolutely necessary - this is the place for a lot of money to come in.

If CYTX wants a lot of money, would a potential partner sign the deal now, before the STAR data readout? The VP for the potential partner to sign off the deal would not now. He wants CYTX to cross the first step with a successful STAR data readout.The VP needs to keep his job by not making a bad decision in a big dollar deal.

AZAYA selling? 02 May 2017 17:10 #9253

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
>>>No company would sign a scleroderma deal based on STAR and EU clinical data alone.<<<

Not for anything upfront worth very much....on that we certainly agree.

AZAYA selling? 02 May 2017 19:57 #9254

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
FAS

Last week (4/26), CYTX filed a new prospectus on behalf of AZA and I believe AZA owners are behind in monetarize your previously illiquid assets. I believe they need cash for some reasons presently.

Of the 1.17 million shares 25% have a lockup period. My guess is that the selling is over or about to be over. Actually, early and late in the supposedly selling days, the stock price has always moved up.

I know the mentality of many people in the generic drug industry very well - Lyphomed (now Astellas) was originally a parenteral generic drug company here in Chicago (spinoff from Stone Containers). John Kapoor was the original owner and he has an uncle working two doors down my office. Several months before the sale of Lyphomed to Fujisawa for $ 1 billion (1990 at $ 38 per share), the uncle sold all his shares below $ 10 !. People can do stupid things, when they need CASH. I did the same thing with SuperGen stock, before Rubinfeld and Fineman cashed out at $ 77 per share.

AZAYA selling? 03 May 2017 06:33 #9257

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110

franshei wrote: FAS

Last week (4/26), CYTX filed a new prospectus on behalf of AZA and I believe AZA owners are behind in monetarize your previously illiquid assets. I believe they need cash for some reasons presently.

Of the 1.17 million shares 25% have a lockoff period. My guess is that the selling is over or about to be over. Actually, early and late in the supposedly selling days, the stock price has always moved up.

I know the mentality of many people in the generic drug industry very well - Lyphomed (now Astellas) was originally a parenteral generic drug company here in Chicago (spinoff from Stone Containers). John Kapoor was the original owner and he has an uncle working two doors down my office. Several months before the sale of Lyphomed to Fujisawa for $ 1 billion (1990 at $ 38 per share), the uncle sold all his shares below $ 10 !. People can do stupid things, when they need CASH. I did the same thing with SuperGen stock, before Rubinfeld and Fineman cashed out at $ 77 per share.

Franshei- I totally agree that folks can do stupid , scilly and irrational things when they are desperate for whatever reason.
We- however- have no reason to assume that the former owner(s) of Azaya behave like that or are in such a state.
So- a lot more plausible is the possibility that Sabby is playing again or buyers/traders in the run up of the BARDA news (I believe their were almost 15 Mio shares traded that day) are not very pleased with their investment and dumping it.
Actually- I would be very mad if I was one of them and would provide Hedrick/Girao with a virtual punch in the nose for their actions.:whistle: That was extremely dirty action.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

AZAYA selling? 03 May 2017 07:26 #9258

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas
For those who play the game well it is a reasonably small task to manipulate the market in a fashion that benefits their cause. I too would place the bigger emphasis the financing participants for the PPS issues. They herd the sheeple from field to field collecting their tax along they way.

AZAYA selling? 03 May 2017 09:39 #9259

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
FAS

Tiago Girao indicates that he is not sure whether AZA former owners are actually selling their shares. He also indicates that it would be stupid to sell shares at this price level.

Talking about unethical trading behavior, I am now back to the Lorem's KT Lim issue. I truely believe that he felt that he made a mistake jumping into CYTX several years ago. He does not have the background and (believe me) the cash to venture into CYTX. His man appointed to the BOD might have found something in the company internal memos and convey to Lim for him to be defensive. All the actions that followed (selling all the shares upon China FDA approval and lack of diligence in sales and marketing) suggest that he is really out of this business for good. Yet, he keeps hanging in and some good reasons. CYTX is not able to do much either - for good reasons strategically, as well. (If Lorem is doing something, they need CYTX to update the technology and secure all the necessary reagents at all time.)

AFTERTHOUGHTS: Based all the most recent corporate actions and layouts (many are considered odd), I think CYTX is not looking for a project or indication partner, I think they are looking for a corporate partner(big money signoff), leading to an eventual buyout. I think we should look at this whole thing globally.

The Chinese market is not easy to crack. As time goes by, the old celution technology (even if it is 3-5 years old) would be outdated by all the small/big advances (CTX2 for the next generation, as an example) that have been instilled, while all the clinical applications would be focused and refocused. The Lorem agreement would soon be obsolete due to progress inside CYTX and Lorem's own isolation.) CYTX should be able to find a new Chinese partner in due course, yet Lorem may be a legal obstacle which must be removed strategically (Lorem may look for some windfall through all these).

AZAYA selling? 04 May 2017 13:12 #9267

• sahin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

AZAYA selling? 04 May 2017 13:19 #9268

• sahin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
so, i assume they bought Azaya, because Harris already has a network to close a deal with a partner looking at this article. It looks like that they have some more leverage after Azaya acquisition to find a partner.. otherwise this takeover would make no sense...

AZAYA selling? 04 May 2017 16:58 #9273

• waddlingwillbologni
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Franshei --

I think you'd be better off devoting your extensive amount of time and thought (which you clearly devote to Cytori) to a company that actually pays you. This way you can avoid a tremendous amount of speculation and actually get paid for it if your contributions are worthwhile. All your guessing and speculating is a waste of time (and clearly money based on CYTX stock price) when your hands aren't officially in the pot. Better yet, perhaps you should start your own company and screw investors out of millions of their hard earned money with stories, lofty projections, and bullshit -- just like Cytori. The latter not a wise or safe choice.

Best,

Waddles

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites