• Page:

TOPIC: Timing the Reverse Split

Timing the Reverse Split 09 Mar 2016 15:27 #6588

• fatboy
  • fatboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
We all know its gonna come. How about your best guesses as to the timing and the ratio!

I say May 1 and 1-20

What say you my brother raccoons?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Timing the Reverse Split 09 Mar 2016 15:41 #6589

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Announced May 27...trades post split May 31

Most likely 1:20
Still hope for the dream 1:10 if a decent partnership announced...20% chance imho

Not sure what the rules would be tapping the ATM post split.
Can they tap it right away ? Fas, any insight on this ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatboy

Timing the Reverse Split 09 Mar 2016 16:47 #6590

• CalhounDoppelganger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Reverse split is just an abysmal feeling.
So much for me 5 year plan, lads!
I'll never see these 100,000 shares again!

Thanks Hedrick!

Timing the Reverse Split 09 Mar 2016 17:14 #6591

• angryharry
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hedrick is a joke in a substantive conversation about what it means to be a public company CEO.

I bet this company makes minimal progress, if any, as long as it lacks a strong leader -- the theory applies to any team, government, mafia, company, etc. This is not rocket science.

For comparison, see a regenerative medicine company that obtained a strong leader and see their progress ever since (2009):

Parker H. "Pete" Petit at MiMedx (MDXG)

I can only hope that Cytori has begun the recruitment process for finally finding a qualified, capable leader. As it stands, they appear as if a bunch of clowns who happen to be hanging on to a potentially disruptive, worthwhile science and a fairly rich patent portfolio. All smoke and mirrors, otherwise.

Changes are still desperately needed.

Timing the Reverse Split 10 Mar 2016 06:18 #6595

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110

myownhedgefund wrote: Not sure what the rules would be tapping the ATM post split.
Can they tap it right away ? Fas, any insight on this ?

No- I am clueless- these complicated and long documents require patience and concentration way beyond what I can and am willing to contribute to the cytori cause... :whistle: At least at present...

I think- 20 is right- DOV already indicated that after the 800.000 plus Options granted to Hedrick. These guys have no shame and are the first ones to complain about their personal losses and sacrifices. :bang: :evil:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Timing the Reverse Split 10 Mar 2016 08:48 #6597

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
What personal losses. Have been collecting ridiculous compensation for what 18 years and have accomplished , What ? exactly. They are getting free shares and continue to get free shares. We have lost hard earned after tax dollars that we will never see again. My fault for believing what others told me about the company and , prospects and team in place. That is water under the bridge, spill't milk or whatever. What has not changed is the complete disregard for shareholders that have been loyal and burned so badly and are about to get the golden shower again if/when this reverse split comes. I try not to focus on this but now has become a daily bash by my wife reminding me about money lost on Cytori and my bad judgement. I had always hoped the day would come when I could say it was a rocky road but you see, it worked, Don't think that day is coming :bash: :puke: :cry: :bang: :KO:

Timing the Reverse Split 10 Mar 2016 09:49 #6599

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Roth Wrote,

My fault for believing what others told me about the company and , prospects and team in place

Looks like the kool aid that Hedrick and Tiago served you a couple of weeks ago has worn off. There is a day coming but I have a feeling it isn't what you are hoping for.

Timing the Reverse Split 10 Mar 2016 19:12 #6604

• CalhounDoppelganger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20

rothco619 wrote: What personal losses. Have been collecting ridiculous compensation for what 18 years and have accomplished , What ? exactly. They are getting free shares and continue to get free shares. We have lost hard earned after tax dollars that we will never see again. My fault for believing what others told me about the company and , prospects and team in place. That is water under the bridge, spill't milk or whatever. What has not changed is the complete disregard for shareholders that have been loyal and burned so badly and are about to get the golden shower again if/when this reverse split comes. I try not to focus on this but now has become a daily bash by my wife reminding me about money lost on Cytori and my bad judgement. I had always hoped the day would come when I could say it was a rocky road but you see, it worked, Don't think that day is coming :bash: :puke: :cry: :bang: :KO:

What I don't understand is what Hedrick & his merry band of freeloaders do to keep the big dogs in the game? Why hasn't blackrock cut its losses? Why hasn't vanguard ripped them a new asshole? Is this just part of the bigger ponzi that is the USD fiat system? So much printed cash that these big dogs just need to stuff it somewhere? Anywhere?

Timing the Reverse Split 10 Mar 2016 20:15 #6606

• angryharry
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Such a small percentage of their total holdings that it's practically inconsequential to them.

Timing the Reverse Split 11 Mar 2016 17:58 #6611

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
From 10K:

On June 4, 2015, we received a letter from the Listing Qualifications Staff of The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC (“Nasdaq”) indicating that, based upon the closing bid price of the our common stock for the previous 30 consecutive trading days, we no longer met the requirement to maintain a minimum bid price of $1 per share, as set forth in Nasdaq Listing Rule 5450(a)(1). In accordance with Nasdaq Listing Rule 5810(c)(3)(A), we were provided a period of 180 calendar days, or until December 1, 2015, in which to regain compliance. We were unable to regain compliance with the minimum bid price requirement within this 180-day period, and on December 3, 2015, we received a Staff Determination Letter notifying us that our stock would be delisted from the Nasdaq Stock Market unless we appealed the determination to the Nasdaq Hearing Panel, or we were eligible to transfer from the Nasdaq Global Market, or NGM, to the Nasdaq Capital Market, or NCM. Though we were eligible to transfer to the NCM, we elected to appeal the delisting determination to the Nasdaq Hearing Panel, which election stayed the Nasdaq Staff’s determination pending the Hearing Panel’s decision on our appeal. The hearing was held on January 21, 2016, and on January 27, 2016, the Nasdaq Hearing Panel issued its determination letter which it granted us an additional 180-day period (expiring May 31, 2016) to come into compliance with its minimum bid price requirement, and which required that:

· By mid-March, 2016, we shall have filed our definite proxy for a stockholders meeting which includes a request to approve a reverse stock split to bring our stock priced above $1;

· On or before May 10, 2016, we shall have held a stockholders meeting at which the stockholders approve a reverse stock sufficient to demonstrate compliance with Nasdaq’s minimum $1 bid price requirement;

· On or before May 31, 2016, we shall have demonstrated a closing bid price of $1 or more for a minimum of ten consecutive trading days.

Timing the Reverse Split 12 Mar 2016 12:01 #6613

• angryharry
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Interesting how they put a positive spin on it rather than just stating:

We wasted 10k for an appeal to remain on the Nasdaq Global Market. Because that appeal failed, we were pushed to the Nasdaq Capital Market. Going forward, Nasdaq has provided us requirements to meet in order to remain on the Nasdaq Capital Market.

Semantics, semantics ...

Timing the Reverse Split 14 Mar 2016 10:49 #6620

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
WST,

Sounds like everything will fall into place. Thanks for the detail it clears up the situation nicely. Just a question of what they decide to do as far as the ratio of the split. Then they will issue shares at a discount to another predatory "investor" and the fun will start all over.

Racoons are mammals that prey on small amphibians and rodents. Maybe we should change the name of this board to either Leeches or Lampreys. Animals that are predominately suckers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cytxer

Timing the Reverse Split 15 Mar 2016 15:48 #6641

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
The annual meeting vote basically calls for stockholders to authorize an increase in the number of shares to 5,500,000,000 or thereabouts. A reverse split of 1:25 = 290,000,000/25 = 5,272,727. With an new authorization of 100,000,000 that is equivalent to 18.96 x the authorized shares now.

Did I do that right?

Timing the Reverse Split 15 Mar 2016 17:26 #6643

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
(iv)

Approval of an amendment to our amended and restated certificate of incorporation, as amended, to effect, at the discretion of our Board of Directors (with the effectiveness or abandonment of such amendment to be determined by the Board of Directors as permitted under Section 242(c) of the Delaware General Corporation Law):

a.

a reverse stock split of our shares of common stock issued and outstanding or reserved for issuance, at an exchange ratio of not less than 1-for-5 and not greater than 1-for-25, such exchange ratio to be determined by our Board of Directors at its sole discretion; and

b.

if the reverse split is approved by the stockholders, in conjunction with the reverse split a decrease in the total number of authorized shares of common stock under our certificate of incorporation from 290,000,000 shares (which amount is not otherwise affected by the reverse split) to between 25,000,000 and 100,000,000 shares, as determined by our Board of Directors at its sole discretion.
#####################################################################################
Sure looks like existing shareholders could be completely wiped out in the worse case.
Isnt it 2.5 billion shares though? 25 x 100 million
That is a lot of shares for break even by 2018 but I am still in the camp that it takes $53-60 million to get them over the line

Timing the Reverse Split 15 Mar 2016 18:58 #6644

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedge, don't know where you get 2.5 billion shares. The share count is going down not up. Current shareholder ownership interests are not affected by a reverse split at all. It is the dilution from an equity offer at a low market cap that will be the killer, reverse split or not.

Timing the Reverse Split 15 Mar 2016 19:52 #6645

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
WST, you don't seem bothered by DOV's 5.5 billion estimate...LOL

At least my math works. :evil: :winky: :really:

Timing the Reverse Split 15 Mar 2016 20:20 #6646

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry Hedge, LOL, missed that but I stand by my post. NO ONE should be talking about BILLIONS of shares, at least not in 2016.

Timing the Reverse Split 15 Mar 2016 21:03 #6647

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Not a problem WST

DOV's point is if the board approves 100 million shares to be authorized and its a 1:25 split then in todays (pre-split) terms it is effectively the same as 2.5 billion shares being authorized vs the current 290 million.

You however are correct in that the immediate share count of OUTSTANDING shares will be lowered post split.

195 million shares currently outstanding divided by what ever the split ratio is.

The problem comes in when they start issuing the new shares that get authorized.

Hopefully, this is clearer. :write: Easy to get confused.

Timing the Reverse Split 16 Mar 2016 10:19 #6654

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedge Wrote:

The problem comes in when they start issuing the new shares that get authorized

No the problem is that they have mismanaged the company to the point where the value to its shareholders has gone from nearly 300 million dollars to less than 30 million dollars, Subsequently they can no longer find investors who are willing to "donate" funds to continue to let management pay themselves. When they vote themselves the authority to reverse split the stock using the guise of de-listing they will be able to shop the stock at at a discount to fund managers that will immediately short it and further dilute the value of the shares to the "suckers" that continue to hold. Otherwise everything is hunky dory in San Diego. Dov, you better re-visit the spread sheet cause this shit is gonna get even nastier soon.

Timing the Reverse Split 16 Mar 2016 11:00 #6655

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***No the problem is that they have mismanaged the company***

fatboy
LOL, the bozo qualities have been discussed at length here and YMB.
One could have chosen a different path years ago based on this.
The key in gambling is to bet with your head, not over it.

*** Dov, you better re-visit the spread sheet cause this shit is gonna get even nastier soon. ***

DOV never published a new full spread sheet that I saw post call.
I believe he is calling for $0.18 in earnings in 2018. Company guiding break even. Street values entire company at $0.18....well slightly less at the moment. My last call was they didn't have a chance to meet my 2020 target of $0.19 in earnings. I left it at that because even though it was a just for fun estimate there is just no way to judge what the heck is really going on.

Functionally, we are left with STAR trial at the moment.
No number given for current enrollment in last call.
Still 4 centers not open.
Its a relatively small number to enroll....if demand is great...why so long to get these patients ?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites